“Free-wheeling and bright”
Review of Zappi's Bike Cafe - CLOSED

Zappi's Bike Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Oxfords only bike shop cafe!! Incorporated upstairs in the showroom of Bike Zone on St Michaels Street in the heart of Oxford. We specialise in hand crafted coffee with stunning latte art. We're doing our best to rid Oxford of substandard coffee, come give us a go!!
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Delicious coffee and Bara Brith, and not a chain in site! The bike memorabilia kept my husband entertained in this relaxed and bright café while I read. The staff were laid back and we felt welcome to chill for as long as we liked. We visited twice during our stay and will be back!

1  Thank Manchestertrio

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Ok, I'm biased I'm a cyclist. So Zappi's café with its cycling memorabilia is already calling out to me. But forget the wheels hanging from the ceiling, the shirts around the walls, the photos of cyclists from yesteryear this café is simply great.

Lets start with the coffee. The staff know coffee. They are passionate about coffee. The results show, the coffee is great.

Cakes are varied and plentiful. The selection changes regularly. The breakfast bap is epic with egg, bacon and tomato.

Most of all though the place is cool. It is a relaxed coffee shop where people sit and enjoy a book, work with a laptop, enjoy a chat with cyclists and just enjoy being there.

Always a treat to go there.

1  Thank Tagfcuk
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Went here following the reviews on a wet, damp Sunday morning. The place is fairly small but had a great atmosphere and was really buzzing. It was very busy and there was a queue but it was worth the wait. The staff were friendly and attentive. My wife had an Americano and I had a cappuchino, and although mine was not red hot it was still good. We had a piece of home made cake, allthough the hot food looked very tempting, and when we left people were still waiting for seats. We would not have found this if it hadn't been for trip advisor but would definitely return.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Turned up at 11am on Sunday for breakfast and cup of coffee. We stood at the counter and smiled politely. The five people behind the counter looked at us and turned the other way. There was no smile back, a "go and take a seat and we'll be over in a minute" or "we'll be with you in a minute" I looked around at the other tables and there were tables free. We stood for approximately five minutes before I said let's go.
For a place so high up in the ranking our experience of the service was extremely poor.

3  Thank briree
Dan W, General Manager at Zappi's Bike Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear briree,

I am very sorry that this was your experience of our café. I was working Sunday morning and can honestly say that I did not see any individual or group hanging around waiting to be served. However, we do make mistakes from time to time so I'm sorry if it did seem as if we were ignoring you.

As our previous reviews show, we try to create the best products we can and pride ourselves in offering friendly, efficient and relaxed serviced whilst being professional.

If you do visit Oxford again it would be fantastic if you gave us another chance to show you the real Zappi’s.

Regards

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

In Oxford for the day to do some sight seeing and in need of a decent coffee (a rare treat in the UK) we found Zappi's on Trip Advisor. While busy, the staff were friendly and overall the was a good buzz about the place. Most importantly the coffees were great. Zappi's is one of the few places that make a good soy latte. Do yourself a favor when in Oxford, put this on your must do list.