“Great coffee, great food, lovely staff but please clean the toilets.”
Review of Zappi's Bike Cafe - CLOSED

Zappi's Bike Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Oxfords only bike shop cafe!! Incorporated upstairs in the showroom of Bike Zone on St Michaels Street in the heart of Oxford. We specialise in hand crafted coffee with stunning latte art. We're doing our best to rid Oxford of substandard coffee, come give us a go!!
Reviewed December 8, 2012

If the toilets & the rest of the place were clean it would be the best place in Oxford for coffee etc.
I would have given top marks but for the poor standards of cleanliness.

2  Thank chefchef

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We called in for a break during our travels and loved this little coffee shop. The coffee was excellent and the toasties professionally made. The young lady and man serving were both attentive and pleasant, not only to us, but to all of their customers, many of whom appeared to be regulars. We shall certainly return when in the Oxford area again.

1  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Located upstairs, it's a good place to go if you're into bikes. We went in for lunch, but what we had was really a light snack and a hot drink. The toasted sandwich was tasty but very small in portion size, so had a piece of cake to fill us up a bit more! Would go back again, probably just for a coffee stop rather than a lunch.

1  Thank GRFCGloucestershire
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have read a number of great reviews about this little cafe tucked away of the main drag of Oxford city centre, so my partner and I decided to give it a look. Like most of the places I have visited in Oxford after reading great comments I was again underwhelmed, I think the people of Oxford are easily pleased. The place itself is sweet and quirky as it shares the top floor of the bike shop with er bikes. Problem is places in East London have been doing this for years and doing it much better. The coffee was average at best and better can be found, I hate to say it at most high st coffee shops. The toasted sandwiches again were average, shop bought wafer ham and pastrami, none descript cheese the kinda thing most students knock up in a Brevil after a night out and lacked any love or imagination. With the covered market round the corner selling phenomenal produce there is no excuse. Lastly the brownie, I love chocolate brownies and I love ones that are slightly under baked and gooey. This had barely seen an oven and was like eating raw cake mix. Is it really so hard to find good coffee, cake and a sandwich in this city?......I guess so.

6  Thank Gatesy83
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a cafe ( in a bike shop ) and as pointed out by a previous reviewer - not a restaurant. If you love coffee then go , if you love bikes then go.
However, if you love coffee and bikes think carefully before going it might just be too much for you !!
I know nothing about bikes so I am safe but I do think this is the only place in Oxford to have really good coffee.