“Coffee and Light Snack”
Review of Zappi's Bike Cafe - CLOSED

Zappi's Bike Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Oxfords only bike shop cafe!! Incorporated upstairs in the showroom of Bike Zone on St Michaels Street in the heart of Oxford. We specialise in hand crafted coffee with stunning latte art. We're doing our best to rid Oxford of substandard coffee, come give us a go!!
Gloucestershire
“Coffee and Light Snack”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Located upstairs, it's a good place to go if you're into bikes. We went in for lunch, but what we had was really a light snack and a hot drink. The toasted sandwich was tasty but very small in portion size, so had a piece of cake to fill us up a bit more! Would go back again, probably just for a coffee stop rather than a lunch.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank GRFCGloucestershire

“I must be missing something”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have read a number of great reviews about this little cafe tucked away of the main drag of Oxford city centre, so my partner and I decided to give it a look. Like most of the places I have visited in Oxford after reading great comments I was again underwhelmed, I think the people of Oxford are easily pleased. The place itself is sweet and quirky as it shares the top floor of the bike shop with er bikes. Problem is places in East London have been doing this for years and doing it much better. The coffee was average at best and better can be found, I hate to say it at most high st coffee shops. The toasted sandwiches again were average, shop bought wafer ham and pastrami, none descript cheese the kinda thing most students knock up in a Brevil after a night out and lacked any love or imagination. With the covered market round the corner selling phenomenal produce there is no excuse. Lastly the brownie, I love chocolate brownies and I love ones that are slightly under baked and gooey. This had barely seen an oven and was like eating raw cake mix. Is it really so hard to find good coffee, cake and a sandwich in this city?......I guess so.

• Visited December 2012
6 Thank Gatesy83
oxford uk
“Great and different”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a cafe ( in a bike shop ) and as pointed out by a previous reviewer - not a restaurant. If you love coffee then go , if you love bikes then go.
However, if you love coffee and bikes think carefully before going it might just be too much for you !!
I know nothing about bikes so I am safe but I do think this is the only place in Oxford to have really good coffee.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Amazing and beautiful coffee in quirky environment.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great coffee in an unusual set-up. You are sitting in the middle of bikes with lovely coffee in the very centre of town. They have a great selection of teas and a few cakes. If there is anything to criticise then it'd be the temperatures. It's not very warm, so you better take a thick jumper.

Oxford, UK
“Oh please, great cafe but not the no 1 restaurant destination in Oxford”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've rated this cafe before, and reiterate it serves great coffee with care and good service, and is very conveniently located in a pleasant quirky setting which is worth seeking out.
But I live in Oxford and I'd hate for visitors to think this is the number 1 restaurant......it does great coffee, which is useful - but that's all!
Please look further down the list for good places to eat, this is a coffee and light snack venue only.