“Great every time”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Whilst the decor is a little odd (spaceship lights...) the food is consistently delicious and well presented. More importantly, the staff are fantastically friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We eat here quite often and I am lazy - I have a few favorites that they do well and I tend to return to them. This time we ordered from their signature dishes only available in the restaurant - they were fantastic. The food is great, the service friendly and efficent and the prices utterly reasonable. And on a very rare occassion when we had a complaint (some tough lamb - the wrong cut to cook fast) they were quick and very courteous putting it right. We love this place.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My son and I went on Thurs 1st August. The food was absolutely superb, samosas and chicken tikka for starters (tikka came sizzling on a skillet with onions and pepper) Honey Duck and Chicken Dopiaza (Madras hot) were perfectly cooked. Accompanied with Rice and Nan for a really really nice meal, best i've had in a few months. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went here for the first time last week. It was extremely busy and 'buzzing' with conversation.
They have a very extensive menu. The food was good and the prices were not too expensive.
The restaurant decor is modern and clean.
The only down side was we felt rushed. The staff were pleasant and friendly but didn't go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. It was rush, rush, rush. It would have been nice if they'd taken the time to explain some of the meals that are on the menu.This could be that it was very busy. We're due to go again soon with a large group so we'll see what it's like then. Watch this space...............

Reviewed March 3, 2013

While walking down Cowley Road I noticed this restaurant was voted "Oxfordshire's Best Asian Restaurant", so I picked up a menu on my way past, and this weekend my house mates and I thought we would give it a try.
The first thing to note was the very extensive menu and reasonable prices. We also looked forward to the complimentary bottle of wine we would receive with our order, as it was over £35. However, it took us a good 40 minutes and over 30 calls to get through to them on the phone and place our order. Maybe they should invest in a second phone? Once our order was placed, the food arrived well inside the 45 minutes promised, and delivery (we live 10-15 mins away) was free. Bonus.
We were happy to find a few extra poppadoms included, but one of the starters we ordered was missing. After the ordeal earlier, we thought it would be a waste of time to give them a ring about this. It would also have been handy for them to label each curry to speed up our plating-up of the food, as we were all ravenous!
The food itself was very nice indeed, and the portions were very decent sizes.
Overall, we were happy with the food but felt a bit disappointed with the service we received. I didn't enjoy sitting on the phone for 40 minutes trying to get through, and our order arrived incomplete. However, we all enjoyed our curries when they arrived. I would recommend trying this restaurant for yourself, but avoid busy times (eg Saturday night). We will be trialling a different takeaway next time. If Majliss' "Best Indian Restaurant Award" means that it's the best on offer, we hope someone can prove them wrong!