“Great experience”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Third visit to this superb restaurant. Superb food and service every time. Staff could not be more friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
Always worth a visit when in Oxford.

1  Thank Mike S

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had another great meal in this lovely Indian restaurant.
We went during school holidays. It was not particularly busy and we sat by the window, however it did get busier as the evening went on.
We were served by really polite and helpful waiters and the manager came a couple of times to check that all was well. We placed our order with a young waiter that was able to recommend a dish when asked. His suggestion was really good we never had that particular dish and it was fabulous. Also I love the calm, relaxed and smart decor of this restaurant.
I know some of the waiters do not speak English that well, but I have always found them very polite and helpful.
We enjoyed the whole evening and have nothing to moan about.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Best one on the Cowley Road for miles. Food was great. Service need to increase on the eng. Overall cannot complain. Hit on the Cowley Road

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We chose the restaurant through Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. This is a modern 'Indian' with a good menu selection. There were nine of us and we had a range of dishes between us. All these were well presented and tasted as good as they looked. The service was good and the final bill reasonably priced. If you are looking for this type of restaurant in Oxford then I would recommend it highly.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

First of all, I love Indian food, and have eaten a lot of it. I have eaten at Majliss twice, and I cannot deny the succulence of their food--it's simply delicious (not sure about previous reviewer's comments about stale poppadums...mine were great. And nothing was bland). From the vegetable samosa starters to the mains to the basmati rice, all was excellent.

Now, to the wait staff: if you are unable to speak English very well, the last thing you should do is argue with a customer over a bungled starters order, especially when our total bill is going to be very significant. Food was brought to our table that I DID NOT order, and when I explained, he insisted that I had ordered it (I had never even HEARD of the dish), and complained bitterly that I was wrong, condescendingly adding that he had even repeated it back to me for confirmation. This was a subject concerning three or four pounds. Really? Unbelievably poor form. Had I believed that anyone there in management could have conversed with me about this, I would have tried, but again, the language barrier is evident.

So, bottom line: food is great. Point to the menu explicitly and don't expect five-star service.