“Poor Service & horrible delivery service”
Review of Rosemary - CLOSED

Rosemary
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service & horrible delivery service”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I really want to like this place, but the service has let me down terribly. As we are in Summertown, we generally call for delivery. Without fail, they manage to screw up each and every time. We've tried them 4 times now, & we won't be going back. Here's why:

1. Bad "free" delivery service: we were called by the driver & were told that the restaurant had only paid for half the fare, so he wanted us to pay the balance. Our order was £45 & we were told delivery was free- I called the restaurant & was told driver might ask for extra mileage- "maybe will be only £1 or £2" . I told her that was something she needed to work out with the driver- to which she responded by asking me to explain to driver! I had to reiterate that my order qualified for free delivery, & that she would have to do her job and sort things out with driver.

2. "Forgotten" free items: Free coke with order? Forget it! On the phone, they promise a free coke if your order is over £35- but then they "forget" to send it. The first time it happened , we dismissed it. 2nd time, we complained but let it go. 3rd time, we just sighed. 4th time - well, you get the picture. Same thing with sauces!

3. Order mishaps: ordered vegetarian soup/ delivered chicken version. Forgot entire rice dish. Ordered chicken satay/ sent mushroom only satay. They manage to screw something major each order. If you call, you just get told : "we're busy", "next time free prawn crackers", "will add correct dish on next order".... Ummm, with such bad service there won't be a next order!!!

The sad thing is that this could be such a great restaurant - but the service is just horrible.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Juliananamo

Swindon
“Glad we went BEFORE reading the reviews”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

If I had read the reviews before we went we would have given this a wide berth...

Having said that we found the food, service, price and restaurant to be very good indeed, we had some lovely noodle dishes, well cooked and tasty. My green tea was great, constantly topped up and delicious, on the strength of this visit we would definitely go again.

Only one minor complaint, I dislike service charges, they add 10% but I normally go 15-20% if I feel it's worth it so I would have tipped any way...

All in all, very good

2 Thank ChalkieGreen
Manchester
“Nice relaxed late Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We came here late one Sunday lunchtime during a family visit to Oxford.
My son has been here a few times and has been impressed.
We had Chinese tea which came in a groovy see through teapot which was regularly topped up with hot water.
We ordered a mixed bag of food - a couple of Dim Sum set meals,some additional soup, a lunchtime noodle special and a Bento box. All of the food was well cooked, tasty and was totally devoured over the couple of hours we spent there. Oh we had delicious desserts as well. In my case what they called candied bananas but I called toffee bananas. These I haven't seen on a menu since I had them, prepared at the table, in a Manchester restaurant more years ago than I care to remember.
It was a good meal with a lovely relaxed atmosphere being waited on by pleasant helpful staff.

• Visited March 2013
nottingham
“a mixed bag”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We ate here on a sunday night, on spec as we were staying nearby overnight. The starters, Crispy Squid & their House Special Dumplings were very good & nicely presented, so we were looking forward to the main course but, oh dear. The duck was dry & tough and the prawn stuffed aubergines were burnt. There is no excuse for this degree of carelessness & inconsistency & it is a real shame because with a swift kick up the quality control pants, this could be a nice little restaurant that lives up to the promise of its menu.

• Visited February 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I discovered this restaurant by chance and since then I have been to this restaurant a few times. The food is fresh and excellent taste. Perhaps the best chinese food one can have in Oxford. Although the atmosphere is nice, it is not particular Chinese style, which is a thing that puts me off slightly. It is fairly modern in an orange background.
The service was very good as well, the lady always remembers me and my orders every time I go there!
I would definitely recommend this restaurant, if you don't mind its modern, non-chinese atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012