“Amazing Food, Amazing Staff”

Yeti Nepalese Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 671 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Yeti Nepalese Restaurant is situated on the vibrant Cowley Road, Oxford. We are small family run business with passion of excellent customer services and delicious foods, where our customers to feel they are visiting family home not a restaurant. We always use fresh ingredients with Nepalese herbs & spices to give excellent taste in our foods. We are proud to serve authentic Nepalese cuisine to our customers in our restaurant. Our food is based on "Eat Healthy" concept and our contemporary dining atmosphere offers comfortable sitting for families and groups. We are the proud Winner of Oxfordshire Restaurant Awards 2013 and 2015 in Asian category.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

It was my first visit at Yeti Restaurant. Had dinner with 3 other friends and we booked a table in advance because the TripAdvisor ranking was excellent and we did not want to miss the opportunity to eat there!

First of all the food was delicious. We only followed waitress' advices for the entire dinner and we were not disappointed at al! We started with some typical crisps with sauces and we had the "momo" (dumpling), one with chicken and one with lamb... yummy and a good way to start this dinner. As drinks we took the risk to order Indian red wine.... first time for me, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the beverage. As mains, we shared some chicken, fish, lamb and dry lamb with spinach rice and another type of rice. We also had two types of breads, the cheese one is absolutely divine!! STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR BREAD LOVERS!

Second of all.... the staff! All the employees present during this dinner were incredibly friendly! They took time to ask about our nationalities, our countries, our studies and projects in life. They advised us in a perfect manner for food and drinks and were always checking if everything was good for us.

A big big thank you to Yeti's team for the fantastic moment I had for my last (and best) dinner in Oxford!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Ate here a couple of months back now with my girlfriend (a slightly belated review!) when we stayed in Oxford for the night. Went here based purely on its' TripAdvisor ratings and we were not disappointed, great food at a reasonable price & the service was brilliant. The lady that owns / runs the place is extremely friendly & takes time to make conversation with everybody, without it being annoying. Would highly recommend.

PS: If you're reading this - we were the south London couple!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Second visit here at a lunchtime. Lovely staff who couldn't do enough for you. Very good prices for oxford on lively cosmopolitan Cowley rd. my son who has been to nepal says it is the real thing. We went for the special Nepalese choices. We have only visited lunchtimes but would imagine you would need to book in evenings as small.

1  Thank hmhMidlands
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Do not be fooled by the restaurant's exterior, this is a really lovely, comfortable restaurant inside.

I missed the food I had in Ladakh and so, when I found that Yeti Nepalese served momos, I had to come. When we arrived, the waitress and hostess, was friendly and welcomed us to sit anywhere we liked. She's Nepalese but speaks very good English, so communication of our preferences was not a problem.

My mum and I had the vegetable momos, the samosas, Rhim Jim duck and Vegetarian Chomen. Everything was great, but I really have to pay extra compliments on the vegetable momos and Rhim Jim duck. I love momos, I really do, and the momos at Yeti Nepalese are so authentic, it felt like I was back in Ladakh again. The spicy dipping sauce that accompanied it was spot on too. The skin was lovely and thin, and the vegetables were fresh, sweet, and well-spiced. It was the perfect blend, and we could taste every thing individually and as a whole. The Rhim Jim duck was spicy (by heat, not spices) to our Asian preferences, and that made us very happy to finally have some proper heat in our food. The duck was also so tender that, even when we had it packed and brought it home (we ordered too much food for two persons), it was still good the next day.

Service was excellent. When the hostess realised that we had waited quite awhile, she came over with two huge pappadums and a selection of chutney and spicy masala salsa, complimentary. It was a lovely gesture and it made my mum very happy. Speaking of which, the spicy masala salsa is GORGEOUS. Couldn't get enough of it. Whenever she was free, the hostess would also come over and chat, and she is really friendly, but never loud, so very pleasant.

Overall, my mum and I had a really pleasant evening, and we had no regrets popping in to Yeti Nepalese. Thank you for the great night.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I visited Yeti because of the reviews here and I must say I was a bit surprised. The food is ok bit not more than that. Spicy dishes were not very hot and chicken a bit too tough. Service was very friendly.