“Fantastic food and friendly staff”

Yeti Nepalese Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 687 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Yeti Nepalese Restaurant is situated on the vibrant Cowley Road, Oxford. We are small family run business with passion of excellent customer services and delicious foods, where our customers to feel they are visiting family home not a restaurant. We always use fresh ingredients with Nepalese herbs & spices to give excellent taste in our foods. We are proud to serve authentic Nepalese cuisine to our customers in our restaurant. Our food is based on "Healthy Eating" concept and our contemporary dining atmosphere offers comfortable sitting for families and groups. We are the proud Winner of Oxfordshire Restaurant Awards 2013 and 2015 in Asian category.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Visited Yeti after seeing the reviews on here and we weren't disappointed. Great food, great atmosphere and really friendly staff. Will definitely return next time we're in Oxford.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Loved the atmosphere and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. I found the food a little disappointing - my meat was rather dry and overcooked as were my wife's prawns.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Such an amazing restaurant- both food and service was superb! Food with such complex flavours and perfectly cooked, staff that is clearly dedicated to creating the perfect experience for their guests.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had a superb meal here just before Christmas. The service was very welcoming and attentive. The food was delicious and very good value. I would have happily paid more for the quality of food that we had.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I have been coming to Yeti for more than two years now, since we saw it open up near us on the Cowley Road. I don't often write reviews of anything, but this place has found a special place in my heart.

The consistently excellent food, the reasonable prices and the convenient (for us) location would have been enough to bring us back repeatedly, but the real charm of this restaurant is the lovely couple running it, and the genuine warmth that they extend to their customers.

The lady of the house is informal and very talkative, in a way that might seem out of place in some fine dining establishments (I'm thinking of the more ostentatious places I saw on Master Chef), but when I go to Yeti I feel like I'm visiting an indulgent aunt whose cooking is REALLY good, and that suits me just fine.

The service can slow down occasionally, but I myself have only seen this on extremely busy evenings when there is barely an empty seat in the house (and delivery orders are coming in thick and fast). I don't think this can be avoided with restaurants that are adjusting to a surge of popularity, which in this case is at least partly the fault of Trip Advisor!

If you like Indian cuisine and you want a taste of something slightly new, try the gorgeous Nepalese dishes at Yeti. If you want a place where you are welcomed like a customer and a friend at the same time, make it your regular.

I particularly recommend visiting midweek, when it's less likely to be super busy and you will have time to get to know your hosts. And if you see a beardy white guy with a Japanese wife it's probably me, so feel free to say hello!

1  Thank mfryett