“yummy yummy”

Yeti Nepalese Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 628 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Yeti Nepalese Restaurant is situated on the vibrant Cowley Road, Oxford. We are small family run business with passion of excellent customer services and delicious foods, where our customers to feel they are visiting family home not a restaurant. We always use fresh ingredients with Nepalese herbs & spices to give excellent taste in our foods. We are proud to serve authentic Nepalese cuisine to our customers in our restaurant. Our food is based on "Eat Healthy" concept and our contemporary dining atmosphere offers comfortable sitting for families and groups. We are the proud Winner of Oxfordshire Restaurant Awards 2013 and 2015 in Asian category.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“yummy yummy”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was delicious and atmosphere was very good too. It is not in the city centre, but is still very easy to get there. Students get 10% discount.

• Visited November 2012

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Delcious”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great place if you want quality food at a reasonable price. The couple running the restaurant is very hard working and nice. My children thinks it's the best ever restaurant and they have high standards.
If you like your food cooked a special way or with different ingredients, it isn't a challenge, the chef will cook to your requirements (more or less spicy, gluten free).
You are getting freebies like side dishes which are always tasty.
You can take away what is left from the meal at the end.

• Visited April 2013
“A fantastic restaurant with delicious food coupled with fantastic customer service”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have always experienced such a warm welcome at the Yeti restaurant in the Cowley road. The staff really care about your experience and have always been very friendly and welcoming.
The food is absolutely fantastic. It's reasonably priced and the owners (who are from Nepal) are on hand to advise you on what dishes and flavours you might prefer.

This is a really fabulous restaurant with a friendly atmosphere and excellent authentic Nepalese food.
The restaurant is a gem ;)))

“Good but not great”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

After having read great reviews about Yeti, I was very excited to visit. I went in a group of four and overall, we had a lively evening. However, when our Chef's special starter arrived, we cut into the chicken to find it was completely raw inside. They were very quick to compensate for this and brough a fresh dish out and gave us a complimentary round of drinks. The rest of the meal was very tasty but nothing spectacular like I was expecting. The staff were very friendly and welcoming but the atmosphere was lacking.

London, United Kingdom
“Not fantastic for home delivery”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Admittedly, I might have caught Yeti on a busy Wednesday night (are Wednesdays busy?! They must be doing well...) but I had a rather disappointing experience with ordering their food for home delivery. I ordered at 7.45 pm and was told that it would take up to an hour, but it only arrived eventually at 9.15 - an hour and forty-five minutes later - after some chasing by phone.

Vegetable momos were delicious, especially the fresh sauce (I've no idea what's in it, but yum). The mismas tarkari was also good, if not spectacular. The pilau rice was really nicely cooked and had a good flavour. The side order of dall - I think it was the rasilo dall - was ok but not great, a bit bland, and didn't get finished.

All in all, I'm not sure I'd go back. Perhaps the food in the restaurant arrives more quickly but I wasn't overly impressed by the wait - if they'd given me a realistic estimate to start with, or responded to my phone call asking where it was, I'd have been less grumpy.

• Visited March 2013
OxfordSam, Manager at Yeti Nepalese Restaurant, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Gabrielle,

Thank you for your time to give us your feed back. We are extremely sorry for that Wednesday evening not to deliver food on time. It was unexpectedly busy evening for us. As a regular customer we have delivered foods to you many times before, but, first time we let you down. We are very sad to know that you may not order from us anymore. But, I personally apologize to you and ask you to give us another chance.

Thank you.