“Excellent food and very friendly staff”
Review of SoJo

SoJo
Ranked #47 of 640 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The menu is great and our waiter was very helpful when it came to selecting the right combination of dishes. The duck dishes are particularly good. Lots of vegetarian options are available as well. Servings are large, particularly for the price, so it's a good idea to phone ahead on weekends. The bar isn't amazing but they have a few Asian beers.

There are newer reviews for SoJo

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was looking for a place to eat with my children after the cinema on a cold Sunday afternoon. Finding our usual chinese restaurant closed we took a trip advisor recommendation on Sojo. Excellent service and food, we arrived at 5.30 to an empty restaurant and within half an hour it was full. Would advise booking in advance if arriving after 6 pm.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Lovely restaurant, great atmosphere and friendly and efficient service. The menu is extensive and we plumped for the all you can eat Mongolian grill, where you select your ingredients and the chef cooks them on the hot plate while you wait. Excellent food, we would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was visiting Oxford with my boyfriend for his birthday, I was looking for a nice Chinese and I saw this on Trip Advisor and thought it looked nice and sounded like a place my boyfriend would like after checking the website and menu. I booked over the phone and was advised if I was 10 minutes late then my table would be given away.
We arrived at the restaurant and they couldn't find my booking at first the restaurant doesn't look much outside but once in a lot of atmosphere and décor was lovely.
We eventually got seated as per my booking we were on a tight two table near the front door if I had known I would of asked to move as it was very cold and drafty.
The restaurant was very busy and in the space of time we were there - many people were turned away and it looked like bookings are needed (this was a Saturday) recommend booking a table to avoid disappointment.
We ordered a mix of starters and a bottle of wine the waiter was friendly and brought it to us promptly - it was very delouses and tasty. We then ordered duck which was tasty and came with plenty of pancakes and duck, we then ordered some chilli beef and noodles and prawn crackers all came presented lovely and tasted great! the restaurant was very packed and loud but the service was second to none.
Recommend to anyone wish there was one of these where I live!!

Thank hollyReading.Berks
Reviewed March 15, 2013

According to the website this was not the place to go if you just wanted Sweet & Sour Chicken, and Beef in Black Bean sauce, they suggested we let the staff choose dishes for us, and this is what we did.

Two of the dishes were not ones we would have chosen ourselves, Beef with Aubergines which was medium hot and Chicken Miao Clan with Chilli which was hot. They were both excellent and we did not regret leaving the choice to the staff. The third dish was Pickled Mustard Green with Shredded Pork, which I did not personally find so enjoyable, but still we are glad we tried it.

We tried Dim Sum and Crispy Duck pancakes which were among the best I have tried.

The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable.

We went on a cold Thursday evening, and when we left at 8pm there was only one table available, so booking would be highly recommended.

Only complaint would be that it got quite noisy when full, so maybe not the place for a quiet romantic meal for two.