“Sophisticated and very well executed”
Review of Qumins Restaurant

Qumins Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 680 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Qumins we aim to provide an exciting new experience in fine Indian cuisine, blending traditional techniques with a modern twist. All of our products are made using the freshest, finest ingredients, and most importantly are cooked with love and passion for the Indian cuisine. With our unique menu we can guarantee that some of our specialities can only be tried and tested here at Qumins! We cater for all here at Qumins - vegetarian, vegan, and all types of specific dietary requirements. You will always have a variety of options with our versatile menu. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Got off the coach from a visit to London, and stopped by at Qumins. Welcomed and sat down. The food served was perfect an cooked to a high standard not forgetting the service and pleasant atmosphere (considering it was late on a Monday). Highly recommend house specials. Will be back

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We have passed this restaurant several times whilst visiting our daughter at Uni. She had heard good things and the reviews were mostly positive; so we went there last evening. Firstly, the service whilst efficient, was impersonal and hurried (my husbands cutlery was practically thrown on the table as the waitress passed by in a hurry). The Methi dishes, which are a family favourite were less than average - meat in gravy (no vegetables or garnish of any kind) and my Goan prawn dish was not as described - no discernable flavour and the vegetables (peppers) were absent! the spinach bhaji had been in an accident with an oil slick. Wouldn't mind the expense (this is one of the most expensive in Oxford) if the quality and service were first class.

1  Thank FinediningAmber
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a friendly family run business offering above average Indian food, no strange colourings! A slightly different menu and pretty good value, I do suggest booking as it gets very busy. In fact this is the only downside, they try to do too much and as a result the service and kitchen are rushed & stressed.

1  Thank GNOOxford
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Last night my wife and I ordered a takeaway using Qumins online facility. After 25 mins we thought we better phone to check when it would be delivered (defeats the point I know) and were told one hour! We then told the person on the phone that we ordered 25 mins ago so she told us it would be one hour from then. Even though this is a long time (at most in busy periods we've waited 45 mins for a takeaway) we accepted it and waited.

At over an hour after ordering I phoned again and was told that it should arrive soon. I asked how soon and was told ten minutes. The lady apologised for the delay. Again I accepted and waited as we felt it was too late to order from somewhere else.

At an hour and a half after we ordered we phoned again. We were told our driver had left.

We received our take away one hour and forty five minutes after we ordered.

Having finally got our food we were nothing but disappointed. Our food was barely warm and both dishes were so spicy. We have never had a Korai and a Rogan Josh which were so hot. Well, I ordered a Korai but the lid of the takeaway said 'Jaz' on it which must have been a Jalfrezi - still I've never had a Jalfrezi that hot either. We ate both because we were so hungry by this time.

I don't know what was going on with Qumins that night as we normally enjoy the service and food there, both if you eat in or take out. If I'm honest it has put us off going there and ordering from there again. The service was poor and so was the food. Also, after the wait we had I would have expected something complimentary or even a refund. If a place knows the wait is going to be this long they should give you the choice if you want to order or not and not just take your money...what kind of customer service is this? Overall an absolutely rubbish experience.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I've tried a few Indian places since moving to the UK and this one is my favourite. The flavours, and ingredients, are very fresh. The restaurant is very clean, which is important. The service is pleasant and the decor is modern. Being Indian myself, I'm quite picky and this place definitely gets my seal of approval.

2  Thank SMRHUK