“They do excellent food”

Qumins Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 671 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Qumins we aim to provide an exciting new experience in fine Indian cuisine, blending traditional techniques with a modern twist. All of our products are made using the freshest, finest ingredients, and most importantly are cooked with love and passion for the Indian cuisine. With our unique menu we can guarantee that some of our specialities can only be tried and tested here at Qumins! We cater for all here at Qumins - vegetarian, vegan, and all types of specific dietary requirements. You will always have a variety of options with our versatile menu. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed October 27, 2012

As one of the best customers, I can highly recommend the food at Qumins. I do eat a take away here few times a month and though I restrict my choices to chicken saag and lamb biryani, I can say the food taste superb and all i would ask is for is a bit more garlic on the naan.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I used tripadvisor to find a good Indian restaurant whilst visiting Oxford and decided upon Qumins. The food was excellent, well presented and service very friendly. I suspect the size of the portions may be slightly smaller than some people's expectations, but personally, the quality of the textures, variations and flavours left me feeling more than satisfied. The chicken jalfrezi was delicious, with plenty of complex flavours and perfectly complemented by the lemon rice. I don't think I've ever tasted a lighter stuffed paratha anywhere and it just melted in the mouth. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates quality flavours and decent service. Having spoken with the owner, it is evident he is passionate about his business and very knowledgable about the food and Bangladeshi culture from which it originates.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Qumins is a bit more expensive than other Indian restaurants in Oxford (of which there are many); however, it is definitely worth the extra money. Stylishly decorated with excellent food and friendly staff, I have never been disappointed with a meal at Qumins.

On my latest visit, we started off the poppadums and pickles, which are just standard really. My boyfriend had the duck shashlik again, which he has been talking about since he first went there about 6 months ago. The duck is delicious, nicely spicy and very tender, and it comes with onions which are beautifully caramelised. It isn't fatty either, unlike many duck dishes. I had the jumbo prawn shahi bhuna, which I hadn't had before. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed when it came and I saw there were only 3 prawns, but the prawns were so large that it was plenty for me. I can't think of a better curry I've ever eaten. It was very light and fresh tasting, spicy with a citrus hint. Absolutely fantastic, I couldn't fault it. We shared a rice which was very nicely cooked. We also shared a dish of aloo gobi, which was absolutely delicious. They had nice juices on offer, and we finished up with some tasty, refreshing sorbet, which was the perfect way to end the meal.

All in all, I recommend Qumins very much. I love Indian food and this restaurant is a cut above.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Was lucky to get the last table. Dishes taste fresh, good quality, each is different, beautifully prepared and presented. Friendly service. Truly lovely Indian food.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Whenever I am in England, I gravitate to Indian restaurants. I was happy and lucky to find this one as soon as I did on St Clements street near my apartment. The chef is well trained. I had a twist on traditional masala. Instead of chicken, I had sea bass. What a wonderful surprise . Though a bit pricey for Indian food in England, it was worth it. I recommend it highly!

1  Thank Michael M