1,266 results
All reviewspark and ridehealth clubexecutive roomswimming poolcity centrepear treeservice stationservice areapetrol stationblenheim palacetrouser pressbusiness hotelsteam roomrestaurant staffbicester villagesofa bedthe bus
Reviewed November 20, 2017

We booked at short notice on the HI website in order to attend an event in central Oxford. Got a great welcome and comp upgrade as a Rewards Club member.

Nice modern exec room with queen sized bed and comp water / snacks. Good sound-proofing despite being near the main road, and aircon (not really needed at this time of year though).

In order to watch some of the rugby on TV while getting ready for our evening out, we thought it would be best to order room service. We were pleasantly surprised by the wide choice on the menu and the quality of the food (steaks with pepper sauce) - probably the best room service meal we've ever had and would put most restaurants to shame. The service throughout the hotel was great - staff couldn't do enough to make our stay a comfortable and memorable one.

On checking out the following morning we were able to leave the car in the car park free of charge while we went into Oxford for a few hours on the nearby park-and-ride bus. Its just a few minutes walk away though alas there is no pavement in places so you have to walk briefly along the road.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your detailed review. I am delighted you were not disappointed with your choice and enjoyed your stay with us. We will always aim to provide our guests with a high level of comfort and service. I like to thank you for acknowledging you experienced this in your feedback.

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel all looked lovely reserved a table for our evening meal and then sat up after looking at the menu we all ordered from the meal special half the special deal was not available so reordered , two specials not available not offered a substitute, received food approx 1 hour after ordering to be fair food ok, due to food being served so late we were the last in the restaurant the staff then turned the music up so loud we couldn't even have a conversation , we then retired to the lounge where we ordered 4 gin and tonics with ice after giving our room number and name three times the drinks arrived at double the price with no ice, they had made a mistake , the waitress was lovely and rectified the situation the mistakenly doubles were thrown and singles given , asked twice for our new bill thirty minutes later new bill arrived begrudgingly !!!
A really truly awful experience do not visit staff horrible

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lovelyjubbly87
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Dear Guest
I am very sorry to read you had a less than satisfactory experience whilst dining in the restaurant, followed by after-dinner drinks in the lounge. We typically take great pride in providing our guests with a high level of service and your feedback clearly does not reflect this. Please rest assured that I will personally review your comments with my Food and Beverage Management team for follow up. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your disappointing experience.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Oxford. The location, near the park & ride, was very convenient & the staff on reception were as helpful as they could be. But we were disappointed with our room, especially our bathroom which had a problem with the loo even after maintenance had looked at it. I resorted to using the public loos off the Bar as ours was so unreliable. It took ages to get the right water temperature for a shower or bath as the cold water tap didn't appear to work. However, the bathroom was spotlessly clean every day. We had breakfast on one morning but although it was plentiful it seemed expensive for what was available. The staff were zealous in removing any plate or bowl as soon as they saw an empty plate.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am sorry to read you experienced some issues in using the facilities in your bathroom and whilst I like to apologise for these shortfalls I also like to assure you that your feedback has been shared with my maintenance team. On a more positive note I am very happy to note that you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting Oxford. The hotel was exceptional, clean, modern and very welcoming. The staff was very polite and I must mention the young barman who mixed my wife's Gin just as she liked it every time. The food in the restaurant was amazing, on our second day we had a bar snack which was excellent as well. We had a very relaxing break, Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2017

This was the second time I was staying in this hotel. It is easily accessible by bus but not in the Centre.

The rooms are comfortable and the beds are comfortable. The rooms do have a tv, iron and iron board, a reading desk and chair and coffee making facilities. The food is decent although service is slow.

What impressed me was the welcome i received due to my IHG membership. The front desk staff came through as offering better service compared to other areas.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms that are garden facing