“Another good example of the Holiday Inn quality”
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford

Holiday Inn Oxford
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night recently having taken our granddaughter to the Uni for an Open Day. We have stayed in Holiday Inn's several times and in my working life I used them frequently. This is another good example of the quality which you would expect. Easy to find, friendly and helpful staff on Reception, good sized room and comfortable bed (pity about the pillows!). Clean bathroom. There was no noise from the nearby busy main road.
We did not use the leisure facilities nor did we have any meals in the hotel, except breakfast, which was very adequate.
It is ideally placed for visiting Blenheim Palace (you need a full day there) and also getting into the city. Do not risk driving in Oxford if you do not know it because it is not car friendly and you risk getting a large fine if you miss your way and enter the one way system incorrectly or drive in the bus or cycle lanes. Instead, use the nearby Park & Ride - only £2.70pp return (bus passes are valid).
We will use this hotel again for our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HarrogateBevs
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Oxford following your recent visit. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and like the Hotel, location and helpful staff.
I do hope that you visit again soon, when we look forward to welcoming you back to Oxford.
Joost van Spengler

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We did a quick trip to Oxford to visit a friend in the hospital, and we didn't make arrangements to stay overnight, so the taxi brought us here. At the front desk the price of our room kept rising, and the front desk clerk told us things were included and then charged us for them in the morning. The hotel was standard Holiday Inn. The toiletries consisted of a shampoo and body wash. No conditioner. Wi-fi very overpriced...

The room was nothing special, the pull out "cot" was just a couch with a sheet thrown on it.. the couch was excessively hard. Climate control was difficult.. we opened a window in the winter.
There was a trouser press in the room, and wine chiller, but not a refrigerator.
Heated Towel rack did not work. Minimal amount of towels provided. They are very small.

Dinner, good appetizers... nothing special entrees...Great staff.

Breakfast was nothing special buffet. The rashers were very greasy, and the tomatoes cold, and cooked very inconsistently. Eggs were prepped two ways, scrampled (preprepped) and over hard. Over easy was available on request. There was a machine to make pancakes, but no obvious pancake batter. (They did not have maple syrup). The pastries, looked pretty, but were very mediocre. They did have a nice bowl of fresh fruit. There was a lot of staff, but they did not refill coffee or tea.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank pythagorous

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent feedback following your stay at the Hotel. I am sorry for the confusion regarding your room rate and note that this was clearly resolved upon your departure.
Thank you for your additional comments regarding the Holiday Inn Oxford which will be reviewed with my operational team.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Having spent a long weekend in Oxford I was extremely pleased that I had chosen this hotel; it was immaculately clean from the entrance, to public areas, corridors to rooms. The beds were extremely comfortable with good hanging space for clothes, a trouser press, a hairdryer (in a drawer) and a lovely heated towel rail. The leisure facilities were of a good quality and well-maintained, a pleasure to use. We had breakfast with our booking, and we found this to be of a very high standard with a wide range of options, from cereals to fresh fruit to hash browns. All staff were extremely helpful, and also went out of their way to make sure we were ok. However, I have not given this hotel 5 stars as you had to pay an excessive amount for wi-fi, the speed of which I found to be rather slow compared to the supposed 'High-Speed' access offered. It is conveniently located, only a short walk from the Pear Tree Park + Ride offering easy and fast access to the center of Oxford, and only just off a roundabout which makes it easy to locate. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and indeed to return here should I visit Oxford again.

Room Tip: We found that rooms facing the main road were not noisy in any way, due to the windows being double...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lolapy

Dear Guest,
I was very pleased to read your very positive review of the Holiday Inn Oxford and glad that you liked the Hotel, its facilities and staff. Your comments have been shared with the team and I do hope that you visit again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back to Oxford.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at a very affordable rate. Hotel was easy to find via satnav and conveniently situated next to Oxford Park and Ride (this is a much cheaper and convenient way of getting into the city centre). car park was sufficient with normal size spaces
The room was as expected, clean, basic but meeting our needs with a decent bathroom, and a nice powerful shower. My only issue was that there could have been a wall socket nearer the head of the bed as I suffer from Sleep apnoea and my CPAP apparatus had to stretch to reach from the other side of the room (however I did not declare it when checking in so am not raising this as a complaint)
the restaurant was good, with nice atmosphere and the food was good quality, not horrendously priced either.
Gym & pool facilities were ok - nice clean pool and sauna area. the gym had all the necessary equipment too and wasn't too cramped either.
I would like to mention that the staff at this holiday inn were exemplary: warm, friendly & helpful. This goes from the reception, restaurant staff even down to the "good mornings" from the cleaners. It made us feel very welcome. Nothing was a trouble to them, and I cannot praise them enough.
Finally I have to mention that this hotel has a pancake maker for breakfast... an instant hit with kids (young and not so young alike), I certainly had my fill!

Overall this was a fantastic value stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend in the future!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave G

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much indeed for your kind and positive comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oxford. It is always a pleasure to receive such complimentary feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit, liked the hotel, facilities and our friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Have used this place before for business meetings, but had lunch here for the first time. Great location for Oxford..but the food is absolutely mediocre. Very over priced for a dry hamburger and wraps that I wouldn't expect from a M' donalds.....nice staff, but for a business hotel to charge large amounts for wi-fi and parking might mean they have missed the point. Our meetings and luncheons will be elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the quality of your lunch and if this had been brought to our attention at the time, we would have responded in a positive way. Our Hotel has a private car park for which we do not charge our overnight guests or visitors to the Hotel.
Thank you once again for your comments and I hope that you will re-consider and use us as a location for future meetings taking advantage of our convenient location.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We spent one night here. It wasn't the easiest to find as the sat nav took us off course... Not the hotels fault but got us off to a bad start.
We left our bags and hiked to the nearby park and rode to explore oxford. The hop on hop off bus were quite bemused by the hotel discount voucher for the bus.... Sorted eventually... The hotel room itself was about as far from reception as you could get.... Near the roundabout but was surprisingly quiet. The restaurant opened late at 7 pm but the food was pleasant and reasonably priced. The decor is tired but you get what you pay for. I had initially some discussions as they tried to charge me again for what was a prepaid rate..... Eventually it was sorted but was frustrating... I'd stay again only if it was a great deal.... Otherwise I'd recommend going somewhere nicer for the price.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jplum73

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent feedback following your visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am sorry that you had reason to be a little disappointed due to a couple of points raised in your review.
I can confirm that our Junction Restaurant opens at 6.30pm each evening for dinner.
Please accept my apologies for the confusion caused regarding your pre-paid arrangement, however I am pleased that this was rectified for you.
Thank you once again for your valued comments and I do hope that you visit us again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Overall was very good value, we stayed for one night and enjoyed it. The location was fabulous because it was right near the bus stop to Oxford. The service was alright because we had to wait over an hour for our room. The rooms were ok good size and facilities however no safe and really un comfy beds. The breakfast was a really good variety but was quite cold! The facilities were very good, we didn't use the spa or the gym but the pool was a great size had a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alison H

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your positive review of the Holiday Inn Oxford and I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Your 'cold' breakfast comments have been fed back to our Head Chef and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.
I am pleased that you liked the location of the Hotel and took advantage of our pool, jacuzzi, sauna & steam room.
I hope that you will visit us again soon.