“Nothing to complain about here” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Oxford

Holiday Inn Oxford
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Didcot, United Kingdom
“Nothing to complain about here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed here one night for my partners christmas works bash, check in was good room was perfectly adequate clean and tidy and quiet, which i found rather unusual as there were 3 separate parties going on in the hotel that night so this was a plus.
Shower was very good again bathroom clean and tidy
Bed comfort is always a bit subjective, for me the matress was a tad hard but my partner was more than happy with it.
The food at the party was a bit "conveyer belt" mass produced, but for 90+ people this was not a bad effort drinks were the standard hotel price e.g. expensive
The breakfast that was included in the price was the help yourself buffet type and was really quite good.
I am relatively local to this hotel (within 12 miles) so am quite familar with the area i can see why this is quite a handy place to stay if visiting Oxford as it right next to the park and ride.
So all in all i was quite happy with my short stay here and could not find anything much to whinge about ....well done

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy M
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind & positive review following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the Hotel and location.
I do hope that you visit us again in the future, when we look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,
Joost van Spengler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed (my wife and I) whilst my son was being interviewed at the University and I have to say that the rate charged for what we were provided with was very, very steep. The room and bathroom were basic, although clean and the bed was tiny.Beyond that there is nothing I can add. Had I paid £60-£80 it would have been fine but at over £160 a night (because presumably it was interview week) it left us feeling very dissatisfied. As a comparison, two nights later my wife and I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in Edinburgh in a deluxe double room for only £25 more and it was simply superb. If you check out my reviews (of which there are nearly 100 as a top trip advisor contributor) you will note moaning and griping is not my objective but we did not enjoy our stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David D
Dear David
Thank you for including the Holiday Inn Oxford in your latest review. I am sorry to read you didn’t particularly enjoy your stay with us mainly, as I understand it, due to the price you paid. Whilst I obviously appreciate your feedback I would like to make you aware that we offer a wide range of different rates and options throughout the year, including Book Early Advance Saver Rates. In addition to this I would like to reassure you that we will always make sure our rooms are competitively priced when comparing with other Full Service Hotels in the Oxford area.
I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, you will choose to stay with us again at some future date, especially if your son has an opportunity to study in Oxford, when I hope you will be able to secure a more favourable rate.
Kind regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Can't fault the hotel, staff or cleanliness, however there must have been a party or stag do in the hotel as we were woken up to a group of lads in the hallway on their way in after a night in town. I appreciate this can happen in any hotel, overall a good stay and would use again, lots of parking and close to main transport link too

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank HannahJacobs
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting your review of the Holiday Inn Oxford on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you liked the Hotel and sorry that you were woken by noisy guests arriving back late to their rooms - for that I do apologise.
I am pleased that you would choose to stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back.
Oxford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stay in Holiday Inn Oxford regularly due to the business, liked the hotel since it's a ideal business hotel and the staff are friendly.

But the recent 3 stay made me really want to complain about the house keeping. I don't know what's happening, but the house keeping has been really poor. One day I came back to the room, the pillow was on the floor, and the bed looked liek not even finished. I was shocked since I never had any experience like this with any hotel before. another time, a towl was left on the table for 3 days! this time, on day one, I had two bottles of water in the room, one still and one sparking (like it always do), but from 2nd day, there was one sparking water, since I don't drink sparking water, so I ended up drinking the water from the tab. ok, maybe they forgot, I thought, but 3rd day, only 1 sparking water again, 4th day, only 1 sparking water again. This really made me angry, since I also paid attention when I passed the clearning trolly in the morning, they do have still water there.
I don't know what's happying to the house keeping team in this hotel, but it certainly appear very poor service!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank zhenhui
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent feedback of the Holiday Inn Oxford following one of your regular visits to the Hotel. I am very sorry that you have felt let down on your 3 recent stays with us due to Housekeeping issues. This is certainly not indicative of our usual high level of service and for this I do apologise. I would be happy to have the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further on your next visit if you wish to make contact.
My apologies once again,
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Having stayed at a number of hotels in Oxford over the year we decided to try the holiday inn and wished we had tried in sooner. We had booked an executive room but on arrival needed to find some accommodation for our so. The desk soon arranged for a z bed to be put into the room at a very reasonable additional cost. By the time we arrived upstairs the bed was being put up. The ten pound cost of a taxi to the city centre was reasonable. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: For a touch of luxury go for an executive room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much indeed for your kind & positive feedback following your Graduation Celebration in Oxford. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope very much to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Oxford again in the future.
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We arrived by rental car at night and the peartree roundabout area was a bit confusing at night and the hotel was not marked on any signs. After finding the park and ride exit, finally saw the hotel. Shop, KFC, gas station and Starbucks opposite the hotel. And of course, the bus at the park and ride which conveniently takes you to the centre of Oxford (about 12 minutes bus ride). Free car parking at the hotel.

Room was clean and decent but beds were so-so. Staff was friendly and helpful. Wifi and Internet were very expensive at GBP5 per hour (and you had to use the whole hour at once). Didn't try the breakfast as the price was too expensive. Got our breakfast at the shop/Starbucks instead.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased that you liked the Hotel and found the staff helpful & friendly. I do hope that you visit again and book a bed & breakfast rate to try our Full English buffet breakfast.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed one night at the hotel while visiting Oxford. Although the hotel is not located in a walking distance to the city there is a bus which takes you in 15min to the city centre (2.4GBP for a return ticket for adults, children free of charge), which we found very convenient as we did not have to search for parking. Although there are a lot of nice restaurants in Oxford, we chose to have dinner at the hotel. The food was nice but the service very slow (maybe because we went there after 21:00). Breakfast was very nice (typical english buffet with eggs and sausages, but with an excellent fruit salad)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank YorgosY
HolidayInnOxford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oxford and very pleased that you liked the Hotel and took advantage of the Park & Ride bus service which saves parking fees in the City.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals in our Restaurant and apologise for the slow service at dinner.
I hope that you visit again soon, when we look forward to welcoming you back.