“Very poor option”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Salamanca, Spain
“Very poor option”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I went to this pub because staying at the Four Pillars hotel, which is a nice place but far away from downtown, there are no many options around. The place is depressing. The food is even more depressing... I had the idea of trying something different from a burger or fish and chips, which the idea of bar-food I have. I opted for meat pie. Terrible pastry. Terrible gravy (actually, it probably came from a can). Nice bartender, though, but that was it. So if you are at the Four Pillars, stay there. Food is not that great but the atmosphere is much nicer. The only pro for the pub is that price is very, very reasonable for England.

• Visited January 2014

Beaconsfield, Bucks
“An unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My friend and I landed up here, unable to get to our originally planned destination due to flooding and blocked roads. The manager greeted us as we came in, and advised that certain items were off the menu due to supply challenges with the flooding. There was still plenty of choice. The waitress was really friendly, made sure we had everything we needed. The cost was extremely reasonable. Food quality was fine - its not a fine-dining venue, but good solid fare.

This place rescued what was looking like a disastrous evening - nice job!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jockette
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Cheap, friendly and tasty”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Just what I wanted when I was hung over, great steaks, scampi, chips. Good pub food at shockingly cheap prices, love going here!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank redshaw101
London, United Kingdom
“POORISH PUB”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This pub looks rather like a downmarket harvester and has food to match. Cheapness is the only upside really.

• Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“Standard pub fare”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Got to admit I wasn't expecting much but meal I had was fine, nothing special but not horrible either. Good choice available at decent prices made this good value for money. One nice touch was the extra gravy supplied in a separate dish, along with the beef&ale pie, perfect for dipping my chips in. Staff were all very friendly, I'd be happy to go back again if back in the area