“Nothing 'rusty' about this”
Review of The Rusty Bicycle

The Rusty Bicycle
Ranked #54 of 670 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American, Diner, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Despite living nearby we hadn't visted before but had seen several favourable reviews, which turned out to be spot on as the food here is excellent. We order burgers and pies, which are home cooked and in the case of the burger one of the nicest I have eaten. The real ales in the pub are also fantastic - its worth visiting for those alone. I was also impressed that when returning to the bar for another drink the bar staff let us know the food would be with us in another couple of minutes, which it was, and apologised it was taking a bit longer than expected (even though it didn't really take that long) - other more expensive restaurants should take note of this proactive approach! No reservations are needed, but the pub was packed by the time we left, so get there early. Atmosphere is very laid back and children are also welcome.

1  Thank James B

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have eaten here twice. The first time I had a burger with some extras to make it tastier. However there was not much taste to it really, it needed way more seasoning. Shame.The second time I had a pie, the sauce was quite watery. My friend and I were a little disappointed. My other friends had fish and chips which were ok but the batter had fennel seeds in it so tasted of aniseed, which my friends said made it taste a bit odd. I would give it another go, as it's a nice pub. Maybe they just need to think about flavour first rather than what it looks like on a wooden board and in enamel cups...

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were advised to visit The Rusty Bicycle by the B&B we were staying at in Oxford. We had just completed a 2 day cycle from London to Oxford and so with a name like The Rusty Bicycle we had to try it and we weren't disappointed.

We had the Burger and the Chicken and Avocado Caesar Salad and both were generous portions and really tasty.

The pub was busy but not too bust for a Sunday afternoon on a bank holiday weekend. The staff were really friendly.

I would definately go back if we were in Oxford again.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went for lunch here with friends - great burger and chips... dare I say it... maybe the best burger and chips in East Oxford? Could it be? It is very good.
Lovely pub, relaxed surroundings, great easy lunch menu - which they did a roast on Sunday.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Friends and I visited this pub on a recent trip to Oxford. We tried simply based on the great reviews on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed.

At first we were not sure if we were in the right street, as it is a very residential area, but we soon saw the bicycle in front of the pub and knew we were at the right place.

We were very hungry on arrival and probably ordered too much food for 3 people: soup, chicken pie, burger, bangers and mash. The only ''complaint'' was that we could not finish our meals!

The staff were very helpful and friendly which added to a great experience.

Definitely worth the visit!

1  Thank LizJou