“Stunning food”

everest nepalese restaurant and bar
Ranked #42 of 690 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Asian, Nepali, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Nepalese and Indian, fusion foods at reasonable price and pleasant ambience.otherside of th restaurant is kept as British pub where you can enjoy real ale or extra cool lager. Service is excellent with charm.
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were visiting Oxford for the weekend and decided to hunt out this place due to the reviews we had read and wow, we were not disappointed.
The food was stunning and was definitely up there with the best I've eaten. The Himalayan Lamb was beautifully spiced, and the dumplings a little piece of heaven.
We visited on a Saturday lunchtime and the place was empty. The pub it is attached to was closed which I found bizarre for a weekend especially as we had another hour to waste after the meal before checking in at our hotel. It's in a slightly strange place not being in the city centre and down a tight residential street but don't let that put you off making the trip.
The service was excellent, and the manager both friendly and courteous.
If we lived in Oxford we would be eating here all the time. Sadly they don't deliver to Southampton, but maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to have a restaurant here with such amazing food.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a super place all round. The food is truly excellent, the people lovely and nothing is too much trouble for them. We go as often we can.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Visited everest yesterday with friends. Lovely clean restaurant. Gentle friendly staff. We love momo they do best momo in whole world! Already my mouth watering! Very authentic food with great twist! Chicken jajjala" hotest piro king prawn my best with chupati bresd. Can't wait to go back. Good luck everest!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I love Everest. The food is the best in Oxford in our opinion, a great mix of Nepalese and Indian dishes. You can either dine like royalty in the restaurant side, or you can have a laid back beer and enjoy the fantastic food with some mates in the pub side instead.

For real ale lovers like myself, I would recommend the Hooky which is served in excellent condition, they also have London Pride.

Food-wise I recommend the Chicken Chau Chau or the Himalayan lamb, but you can't really go wrong at this place.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Love Everest, delicious food (my favourite in Oxford). The restaurant is connected to a pub, which serves Hooky Ale. You can have your meal in there if you prefer, which is something we usually do. Great service. HIghly recommended. Feel hungry suddenly writing this.