“Scrummy gluten delight!”

Organic Deli Cafe
Ranked #89 of 650 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Delicatessen, British, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Organic Deli Cafe has loyally contributed to the Oxfordshire health food scene for five years. Comprised of a multi-floored restaurant and market in Friars Entry and a local organic convenience store on the Botley Road, the Organic Deli Cafe provides an excellent experience with the finest quality ingredients. The Deli stands ready to accommodate particular dietary needs; gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan diners will find it easy to discover food that’s right for them. The Deli is particularly proud of its bespoke indoor and outdoor catering services.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Having decided to visit Oxford for a couple of days; I wanted to find out where the gluten free cafes / restaurants were and if they offered a good variety.
The Organic Deli was widely praised by one blogger and so whilst in Oxford we decided to visit and sample the goods. I went for the toasted gluten free Chicken mayo, cheese and tomato and my husband had the toasted Roaster consisting roasted vegetables and brie.
Whilst waiting for these delights I spotted the cake display and couldn't resist buying a slab of what appeared to be date and walnut cake; but when eaten it also had large pieces of carob inside.
Both sandwiches were delicious and as for the cake 10 out of 10! The service was exemplary and the variety is fantastic. I would say that it is a must visit as it caters for normal, gluten / vegan and dairy free diets.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

A big thumbs up for this quirky cafe. Friendly staff, great choice of food and one of the best omelettes I've eaten. So nice we went back for breakfast twice during our weekend in Oxford.

1  Thank UKPolly18
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Amazing amazing amazing cafe!! Visited for a friend's 40th birthday lunch and c.30 of us (including kids) were treated with the most incredible food and fabulous service. In particular a 4 fruit vegan cake, which was ordered in advance for the birthday boy. We just couldn't stop eating it! 3 servings later we were all still wanting more! Just D-licious! Thank you :-)) Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area, in fact even if you're not. I would go back to Oxford just for another slice of that cake! :-)

1  Thank ChristinaLDonaldson
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was very excited to go to the Organic Deli Cafe, as I'm very into healthy foods and was craving something great. My boyfriend and I ordered a smoothie, which was good, but it wasn't very cold. I asked for ice in my water, and they didn't have any, which is why I am also guessing the smoothie wasn't cold. As an American, I know I like ice and drinks colder more than most Brits, but I did think smoothies were supposed to be cold.

I ordered a Greek Platter salad which was supposed to come with: Organic vine leaves, arthichokes, organic pitted olives, feta cheese, houmous & organic roasted vegetables (according to the website). However, I asked for no olives, yet olives still came on my salad. While annoying, it wasn't that big of a deal because I picked them off and gave them to my boyfriend. But, I didn't notice any feta cheese or hummus on my salad, so I was really disappointed. If they were out of those ingredients at the time, nobody told me. I was also disappointed the salad was made with lettuce and not spinach. When the waiter delivered the food I asked for balsamic vinegar, and he said it was on the table, but there was only oil and ketchup on the table, and he never brought me balsamic vinegar.

I do want to go back and try again, maybe it was just an off day, but I was hoping this meal would have hit the spot for some healthy food, and I was let down. My boyfriend did enjoy his meal though. I do like that everything is fresh, I just wish I would have ordered something different or that it came as described.

3  Thank 986StephanieM
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Love this place in general. Brilliant food, great manager, lots of good organic groceries and a great variety of food and drinks.
However, did just wait 35 minutes for my sandwich and when I went to pay found I was charged 40p to have my sandwich toasted. Apparently this is called a "panino" - all the same ingredients, toasted bread, a 35 minute wait and a 40p charge for the pleasure. Poor form.

3  Thank J T