“Lovely Breakfast”

Organic Deli Cafe
Ranked #91 of 670 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Delicatessen, British, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Organic Deli Cafe has loyally contributed to the Oxfordshire health food scene for five years. Comprised of a multi-floored restaurant and market in Friars Entry and a local organic convenience store on the Botley Road, the Organic Deli Cafe provides an excellent experience with the finest quality ingredients. The Deli stands ready to accommodate particular dietary needs; gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan diners will find it easy to discover food that’s right for them. The Deli is particularly proud of its bespoke indoor and outdoor catering services.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great Vegetarian Breakfast. Opens early, so good for those who like a filling Breakfast before a days sight-seeing.

1  Thank Dawn F

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We've had breakfast at this lovely place with a group of 15 people. Trevor and Cristina reserved us a room on the second floor with two spacious tables. We made excessive use of their great selection of breakfast options including the veggie fry-up and all of us left the place stuffed and happy. It must have been tricky to cook and serve breakfast for so many people especially if you have to carry it upstairs to the second floor but both Cristina and Trevor made an exceptional job and the breakfast was spot-on. Making the reservation online on their website was a piece of cake. I strongly recommend this place. Also if you as a group look for a great breakfast option in the heart of Oxford.

1  Thank Incognit_O569
Reviewed September 5, 2013

There were few people in the small downstairs area when we arrived. We sat down and looked at the menus on the table which only listed drinks. A member of the staff came up and asked if we had eaten there before - and as we had not he explained that we should order at the counter, and the food would be brought to us. There were many pieces of paper over the counter listing many menu items, so it was a little difficult to choose. If only we had printed the online menu before we arrived. However the sight of some of the dishes encouraged a quick choice which we did not regret.

My wife ordered the organic chicken salad which she enjoyed, but the quantity was too much for her. I chose a slice of spinach and mushroom quiche and separate salad, and both were good. She asked for orange juice, and one was squeezed for her. I considered a smoothie, but most seemed to contain banana, to which I have a food intolerance. A special mixture without banana was created for me.

At £26+ this seemed a bit pricey, but then this was Oxford and the quality could not have been bettered. I am sure that we will go there again next time that we visit the city.

2  Thank David H
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had a full english breakfast there which turned out to be quite good. It came with two sunny-side eggs, mushrooms, sausage, bacons, beans and bread. Food was prepared freshly and everything tasted deliciously.

2  Thank bobster30
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Being intolerant to wheat, I find lunchtimes very difficult and struggle to find anywhere that offers more than a jacket potato or a salad. When I came across the Organic Deli Café online, and saw all of its wonderful reviews, I couldn’t wait to try it.

How wrong I was! The shop was cluttered and had no space to move. I saw lots of dry products on the shelves I would have loved to have a closer look at, but the struggle through the crammed in tables, chairs, and one very stressed member of staff clearing tables, I decided it wasn’t worth it. The atmosphere was stressed and I felt I was an inconvenience to the staff before I had even ordered. The wheat free BLT I eventually received was very substandard and I will not be returning.

1  Thank Kate S
OrganicDeliCafe, Owner at Organic Deli Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thanks for your review.

I agree that the shop has been cluttered, to explain we are currently sorting out our basement and 2nd floor - this is still in progress, however the clutter appearance is much better.

We are sorry about your sandwich, do let us know when your back in town and we'll look after you.