“Very disappointed”

Organic Deli Cafe
Ranked #82 of 628 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Organic Deli Cafe has loyally contributed to the Oxfordshire health food scene for five years. Comprised of a multi-floored restaurant and market in Friars Entry and a local organic convenience store on the Botley Road, the Organic Deli Cafe provides an excellent experience with the finest quality ingredients. The Deli stands ready to accommodate particular dietary needs; gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan diners will find it easy to discover food that’s right for them. The Deli is particularly proud of its bespoke indoor and outdoor catering services.
London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Lovely ambiance and great location. I ordered a Veggie Breakie and my wife had a an English Breakfast. We were upstairs, a staff member brought up our order and promptly disappeared leaving our order to cool on a empty table nearby. She returned in due course and served us. By then most of my food was stone cold. I complained so she took my plate away and brought it back warmed up - I'd say it was less cold. Both my wife and I were very disappointed in the quality and very greasy taste. The staff apologised profusely and repeatedly, but I just wanted hot food on a cold day.

1 Thank The_Red_Cyclist
OrganicDeliCafe, Owner at Organic Deli Cafe, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback regarding your visit on the 25.05.13.

Firsty thank you for choosing us and we apologise that you have had in your opinion a 'poor' experience.

I made your wife the full english breakfast and for you the veggie breakfast with. 2 americanos. You were served promptly with the highest quality ingredients which include locally grown tomatoes, mushrooms, vegetables, sausage & homemade artisan organic sourdough toast. (This is your breakfast).

My colleague returned the veggie breakfast telling me the vegetables were cold and the potato not cooked properly (that was the complaint you made).

I then cooked for you another veggie breakfast from scratch with vegetables that had just finished cooking in the oven. This newly cooked breakfast came straight from the heat to a heated plate to your table without any delay.

To be clear - your first plate was not brought back warmed up.

As we had caused you an inconvenience with the 'cold' vegetables we also offered you complimentary coffees for both you and your wife which you declined.

Your wifes breakfast i trust was very good as her plate came back clear, the quality in both breakfast's is only the best, we simply source the best, 'local' and organic components possible.

You used the term 'greasy', - all breakfast are cooked with coconut oil or fat free alternatives, if there was any 'liquid' on your plate (veggie breakfast) its likely to have orignated from the just cooked vegetables, specifically the aubergine.

This is an owner run business and a lot of effort goes in to giving our customers the best experience.

We would like to offer you two complimentary breakfast with two complimentary americanos on your next visit.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

What a wonderful place. They really live up to the organic, healthy, ethical food label. it is so refreshing to eat at such a wonderful place. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. The service is with a smile. Go.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Cheryl P
New York, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Brunch in Oxford”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Heard about this place from friends who raved about it, so we had to try for ourselves. It definitely lived up to the hype! The food was delicious, the atmosphere was great, and the owner was lovely. Fresh, delicious, gluten free food. And, they will basically cook to order, so the options are limitless! Such a great local find in a city full of chains.

1 Thank traveljv
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wins Again!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Owner Trevor wins again: Awesome value of truly healthy, organic, local & ethical food; in an informal, relaxed & cheerful atmosphere, with his gently-humourous & highly-knowledgeable company! - When you want to get away from the city centre's hubbub, without having to actually leave the city centre, then Organic Deli Cafe's the place to be...

1 Thank Igor D
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a delicious sandwich, quiche or treat you must visit this gem! The owner was lovely and friendly. Organic food was delicious and the prices were great! If I was in Oxford for more time I would've gone here for every meal. So charming!

2 Thank Hbmansfield618