“Fantastic Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Organic Deli Cafe
Ranked #81 of 622 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Organic Deli Cafe has loyally contributed to the Oxfordshire health food scene for five years. Comprised of a multi-floored restaurant and market in Friars Entry and a local organic convenience store on the Botley Road, the Organic Deli Cafe provides an excellent experience with the finest quality ingredients. The Deli stands ready to accommodate particular dietary needs; gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan diners will find it easy to discover food that’s right for them. The Deli is particularly proud of its bespoke indoor and outdoor catering services.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is such a lovely gem of a cafe, and each experience there has been excellent! My favourite spot in Oxford, but hidden away on Friars Lane. Friendly to families with children, which is a rare find, and the food is fresh, delicious, ethical, made with care. The owner is personable and we have enjoyed friendly chats and excellence in service. Delicious lattes, teas, sweets, and gluten free treats that are perfect.
Fantastic. Cannot praise highly enough!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank La B

“Conference Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been attending conferences all over the country for the past 4 years now, and never have I encountered a buffet to the standard brought by Oxford Organic Deli Cafe.
Two things stood out:
1. Quality - incredibly tasty, hand-crafted quiches and sandwiches, with a number of good vegetarian options
2. Friendly - when he came to clean up after lunch, Trevor came around and offered fruit to conference attendees. For me, this is the beauty of a small family-owned company who take the time to care about details, which positively impacts upon the mood of the meeting

For catering, I would choose and recommend them

1 Thank Ryan B
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect End To My Oxford Holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was taken to Breakfast by my Son on the way to the Airport on my last day of my vacation. He told me about Trevor and Cristina and this wonderful place to have an authentic English Breakfast before I leave! The atmosphere was so peaceful and aroma of fresh cooked food was delightful! As I sat there drinking the best cup of coffee I have ever had I looked around the deli at the perfect selection of organic goods and fresh vegetables in the window ! My breakfast of ham and eggs with fresh tomatoes and homemade bread with jam was served and the first bite convinced me that I should have made it to this quaint little place at the beginning of my trip!
Now I know why my Son spends so much time there studying !
Thank You both for being so wonderful to him! I will see you again when I return!
Happy Mom

1 Thank Carol M
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top-quality organic and whole-grain food, in Oxford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Oxford has long stood in need of an organic restaurant serving good whole-grain breads, healthy raw ingredients, and so forth. Well, now Oxford has one. And more than that. The Organic Deli offers top-quality fare right in the middle of Oxford city Centre.

The menu looks excellent. But I must confess it's been difficult to get beyond the Houdini, a sandwich of grilled haloumi cheese, roasted green peppers, and olives--one for the Mediterranean gods. But I have also had brownies there, and other treats. I know that the rest of the menu will be good because as with any good restaurant, it is the basics that tell--the bread, the pesto, the coffee.

This is a definite keeper on your list.

1 Thank B W
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“One of Oxford's hidden gems”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

One of Oxford's best cafes hidden in the centre of town. If you have any allergies, unusual food preferences or are just plain fussy then it's likely they'll be able to put something together for you. One of the few places in town you can get good gluten free bread and cakes. There is also free wi-fi and powerpoints if you like to work in cafes. If like me you miss good service and are bewildered by the lack cafes serving English breakfasts in England then you should like this place.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

2 Thank James T