“Don't book anywhere else in Oxford”
Review of Tilbury Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
Tilbury Lodge
Ranked #20 of 80 Oxford B&B and Inns
Scottish Borders
“Don't book anywhere else in Oxford”
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Boy, did we hit the jackpot with this wonderful B & B !!
Travelled down from Scotland with our son who was starting at University and stayed two nights. Warm welcome from Alexa and very welcome tea on arrival. Also introduced to Jax and Russell (the dogs, real characters) Rooms were immaculate and very comfortable - everything (and more) provided. Quiet road but very handy for buses into City. Stefan makes a "cracking" breakfast - the ideal host -he should run courses on how it should be done !! His family are delighful - as are the staff. Have already booked for a weekend in three weeks time when I come for the Parent's Dinner at my son's college and I am so glad we have a base in Oxford for the coming years. PAT

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Perth WA
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I was so pleased to stay at this excellent B&B for 7 nights. The rooms were immensely comfortable, immaculate and spacious - the pillows/beds were very comfortable. Stefan, Melanie, Alexa and the team are passionate about hospitality - it is obvious in the attention to detail throughout every aspect of Tilbury Lodge. Homemade fudge, snacks, tea, coffee, quality bath products, the towel warmer, the foot spa, the wonderful breakfasts and the property itself exude warmth, guest comfort and professionalism at every turn. Stefan is a terrific host, keen to assist in whatever way possible to ensure a happy stay for guests. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to again stay at Tilbury Lodge should I return to Oxford.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Aloha from Hawaii. My husband and I stayed at Tilbury Lodge while en route from London to the Lake District--sadly for only one night. Stefan is a terrific host--friendly, accommodating, and fun to talk with. Our room was very comfortable (great bed!) and filled with lovely touches, such as fruit, wine, fudge, and aromatherapy products. Like others, we loved the robes and foot bath. We'd been walking miles every day of our trip and it was treat to indulge our feet while sipping wine. Tilbury Lodge is located on a quiet lane and, although it's a bit away from the center of Oxford it's easy to walk into town or catch the bus. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
la trinite
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I came to the Oxford university open day with my daughter and stayed for 2 nights in the Tilbury lodge... We had a warm welcome. The room was spotless big and, full of personal touches including a bowl of frui,t home made fudge and a foot bath.
The owners are from South Africa, and Stefan is half french and half welsh like my daughter and he loves rugby... Fantastic.
We'll come back with pleasure.
Fabrice

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2009

I spent five days here while on a research trip to Oxford. The room was spacious, bright and simple but comfortable, overlooking a quiet back garden. The extra touches were all welcome, with none of the frilly stuff that just gets in your way. TL provides tea on arrival, plus fresh fruit, a bit of chocolate, homemade fudge, and good soaps, etc. as well as what my family calls a foot jacuzzi with ample room to use it without making a watery mess. Breakfasts were generous and quite good, including full English as well as yogurt, cereal, more fresh fruit and the famous banana bread. I found the whole staff kind, accommodating and good at their jobs. Since I had to do some work in my room, I could have been a bit of a challenge - but they worked around me and were gracious about the disruption to their routine. (That's not as common as it ought to be.)

The walk to town is a bit long if you are carrying anything, but buses are frequent. Just be sure you check the times and routes in both directions. It's mostly an issue after dark, when it gets hard to see out of the brightly-lit interior of the bus - and the drivers don't know all the stops.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Singapore
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We drove to Oxford in a rented car. Tilbury Lodge (TL) was easy to find considering that we didn't have GPS! There is ample parking space. The room was clean and spacious. It was our last night in the UK; my friend and I were packing our stuff into two large suitcases on the floor and even then, there was ample space. Toiletries were packed in pretty packs. A nice touch, I thought. Overall, it was a nice stay to end our stay in the UK.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Durbanville
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Tilbury Lodge was the cherry on our cake. It is owned by a fellow South African and it felt like a home away from home.Stefan and his niece were very hospitable and the rooms a delight.Fluffy towels and thick bath robes waited in the clean and spacious bathroom. There was even a foot spa! The rooms are attractively furnished with coffee making facilities, rusks, chocolates and home made fudge! The Lodge is situated in a quiet street with beautiful gardens and loads of parking space.The bus stop is just around the corner but if you want to take your car, Stefan will advise you where to park. There is loads to do so the foot spa will come in handy! And the Indian Restaurant nearby was a treat! Oxford warrants at least 3or 4 days and as our stay was too short we are going back! This is 5* quality!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple