“Ridiculous Service Charge when group of 6”

Angrid Thai Canteen
Ranked #324 of 629 Restaurants in Oxford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Ridiculous Service Charge when group of 6”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The waitress would charged you 10% even you have 5 people ordering food but a friend comes and chats with you. Do not visit them ever.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank stephenng93

• Korean first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“NEVER GO to Angrid Thai Canteen if you don't want to be injured by the staff and charged for food that you did not order”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I went to Angrid Thai Canteen with friends. When we had our bill there was additional tea which we did not order and did not have! The manager Nott said that I had to pay it anyway! I did not want to pay for the bill, but I paid the bill (I just did want to have problems because Mrs Nott looked aggressive and her behaviour was unpredictable).
I paid all the money and asked for a receipt. Mrs Nott said OK, then she made a receipt, but gave me only my bill back saying that it is a receipt. I said that she was cheating and asked for the receipt. She gave me the receipt and I put the receipt into my pocket and was going to our table. Mrs Nott blocked my way asking to give back the receipt. I asked her for another receipt or a copy. She refused lying that my bill is the receipt.  So, I did not give her my receipt. Then, she pushed me, she grabbed my arms and tried to throw me, put heir hand inside my pocket trying to get the receipt! I freed and asked her to keep distance. Then, she blocked the exit door and did not anyone enter or exit the restaurant! In the end, I gave her the receipt, left this unsafe and terrible place and called to police!
Never go to Angrid Thai Canteen!!!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Lad J
“Excellent quality/price”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very good for the price you pay, rapidly served, I took something with cashew nuts and chicken which was absolutely excellent for approximately £7, so quite decent.
Hygiene is fine. The staff is rather agreeable, as well as the place, and very central.
Always good to go with friends or when your fridge is empty! However, maybe not the most romantic place in Oxford I'd say...^^
Also one of the few places which still serve quite late in the evenings.

Didcot, United Kingdom
“Authentic Thai Food, Served Pretty Rapid”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Visited recently, we were absolutely starving. Upon arrival we were shown to a nice quiet table and greeted with menus. Unfortunately we sat for 10-15 mins without anyone taking our order for either drinks or food. We were then spotted by a Thai lady who I assume was the manageress/owner who shouted at the waiter in Thai to come and serve us, which he did immediately.

After that, our drinks and food came very quickly and the red chicken curry I ordered was beautiful, as were the Thai fish cakes and my daughters duck noodle dish. There was plenty of food and all at a very reasonable price too.

bilbao
“Cheap, tasty and efficient”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Found this on a visit to Oxford in summer 2012, and went back with family twice last week. Food is impressive in quantity, quality and the service is friendly, quick and efficient, and never intrusive.
Food is tasty and generous, good value for money. There are more gourmet Thai restaurants around, but its difficult to get this quality for the price.
Decor is simple to go with the style of restaurant. All dishes we had- Pad Thai noodles, Thai spicy noodles, stir fried prawns, prawn green curry, pork noodle soup, some of the specials, were tasty with a generous proportion of meat/prawns. the only dish that was disappointing (more because the diner had thought it was something different rather than any problem with the dish itself) was Pork belly with sticky rice.
Totally recommended.
Price: 31 pounds/4 people, with 1 beer, 1 jasmine tea, 2 tap waters.