“Don't go during finals”

Oxford Brookes University
Ranked #81 of 183 things to do in Oxford
More attraction details
Owner description: Oxford is not the only university in town: Brookes is the "other" university that enjoys a healthy rivalry with its older counterpart.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We didn't get to go in any of the buildings or library or museum because testing was in process. So everyone had to be quiet even on the grounds. We did get to walk about and admire the architecture and speculate on the history. It's a lovely campus to see even from the outside. We walked about for most an hour but had everything been open, it would have taken much longer.

1  Thank SilenceNMyHeart

Reviewed March 15, 2013

On arriving at Oxford Brookes University I was greeted ( for want of a better word) by a northern pasty-loving muppet of a man. Obviously i had no complaint of his aesthetical appearance but I found his attendance to customer service somewhat questionable. I do expect a higher standard of customer care when attending such an institution. Were there not any professional staff available on the day??
Are there any chickens in baskets available before the tickets run bezerk?

2  Thank Cleoface
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I think it was so inspiring I went with my daughter and I to this building we took a coach and it takes you right in front of the university, it was really big and I am so happy that I shared the experience with my youngest daughter, it's like a special bonding moment. BUT there is a problem the rooms are not the cleanest and the rooms are not that big considering that some people share rooms

4  Thank missgmallett
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Probably the finest former polytechnic in Britain. Good staff, many of whom are active volunteers in Oxford's charities and good causes.

5  Thank Relentlessvoyager
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was a normal university with normal faclities, nothing special. Graduation was well organised but my photographer was very grumpy!!!

1  Thank Refreshers2000