“Brilliant place to study”

Oxford Brookes University
Ranked #89 of 187 things to do in Oxford
More attraction details
Owner description: Oxford is not the only university in town: Brookes is the "other" university that enjoys a healthy rivalry with its older counterpart.
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Proximity to pubs good and easy to get to the centre of Oxford.

2  Thank pjhay257

Reviewed January 2, 2012

It is a big university and the students there are well behaved.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Amazing Place, did my master's here and had a great time. Very nice campuses, very good teaching staff and a nice library. Worth a visit, and definately worth a course, as Oxford is an amazing city for students.

2  Thank NikRhodes
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Oxford Brookes University is (as you guessed) in Oxford and has several campuses. It's campus at Wheatley is located in a decent village but you'll need a bus to get there. The Headington Hall campus is beautiful and the mansion used to be occupied by disgraced newspaper tycoon the late Robert Maxwell (he died in 1991). I used to attend functions at Headington Hall and it's impressive. I used to live near the University's Paul Kent Hall, which houses students. Paul Kent Hall is definitely not within walking distance of vibrant Oxford so you need to get the bus. Paul Kent Hall is located in a depressing area of Oxford near council flats so you need to be careful.

For foreign students, Oxford Brookes University is not a campus or college of the University of Oxford.

2  Thank safenoe
See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I went to the University because I needed some practise for my english. I am from Greece and my family runs a hotel. My private school reccomended to visit England and have some lesson at the same time so I went.

The total cost for the trip was 2.150 euro.
I was very excited about the trip and I couldn't wait to go.
When we arrived everything seemed to be nice the buildings the people everything. The nightmare starts when we went to our rooms!!!
Me and my friend had a twin room BUT my friend had to sleep on the desk because she had to sleep on a camp bed! The next day we asked for a different bed but the did nothing for it. Finally we took duvets and put them on the top of the bed and she manage sleeping.

The bathrooms were discusting. We didn't want to use them at all.

I hope if somebody else will visit the place won't have the same experience with us!!!!!!!!

4  Thank Constrantina_Dreamy