“Excellent value for money!”
Review of Verde Pizzeria and Trattoria - CLOSED

Verde Pizzeria and Trattoria
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Verde Pizzeria & Trattoria we are passionate about our family-run Italian restaurant and providing quality cuisine using recipes passed down from our ancestors.We strive to always provide exemplary service and to really listen to what you tell us. ​Verde offers its fresh hand made food to families, friends, students, couples, groups or individuals! ​​Visit us to enjoy our Italian dishes made by hand in our open kitchen!Check out website where you can find a range of offers and you can even book online!Your Verde Team
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I regularly visit this restaurant, and after another great meal last night I felt I should write a review!

We eat at this restaurant about once a month, and everything we've tried on the menu has been fresh and delicious. During the week you can have 2 courses for £9.95 which is excellent value given the quality of food, and unlike a lot of midweek deals there is a great deal of choice, including whitebait, crostini or garlic and mozarella bread for starter, and an array of delicious pasta, risotto and meat dishes for main.

The service is always friendly and helpful - definitely our favourite Italian in Oxford :)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family and I first visited verde for my birthday, and the staff couldn't have been more attentive, warm and friendly.
The restaurant itself is sophisticated, clean and spacious. I didn't feel crammed or too close to other tables, which can be rare in Oxford restaurants.
I have since been back numerous times and have always relieved the same level of service, the food is always exquisite and I always feel like a valued customer. I can't recommend it enough. I've tried many restaurants in Oxford and could compare very few to verde. It's the perfect Italian.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The only reason this restaurant gets a 2 rating from me is because of the service which was excellent. I was there with a very large group of people 20+ as part of a fundraising event. Perhaps that is why the food was so bad. Set menu 2 courses £10. I love italian food and have eaten in just about every Italian in Oxford and this comes bottom of the pile. Food was sloppy, pasta overcooked and the tomato sauces were generic sauces for every dish with a couple of added ingredients. I had so much garlic in my dish that it was the only flavour. There must have been around 6 cloves chopped up in my dish alone. It wasn't just me, none of our party was impressed with the food.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Great and rapid service. Really nice waitresses who are attentive. Food pretty good. Veal not bad perhsps a bit tough canneeloni pretty nice.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Been to Verde a few times. They accept taste card, wave card, and I love Oxford card which are all helpful. The £9.95 menu for two courses represents great value, especially as the starters include white bait and calamari, which would normally by v. expensive.

The pizza can be overly cheesy, but pastas are lovely and tasty. Good atmosphere and attentive, good service.