“Lovely!”

Art Cafe
Get food delivered
Ranked #23 of 112 Quick Bites in Oxford
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Café and Gourmet sandwiches with an emphasis on homemade, organic, local produce. Great selection of vegan and gluten free. 50 seater restaurant, open everyday. Superb deals on outside catering.
Reviewed October 19, 2020 via mobile

Lovely! A cool building, the staff were friendly, prices were fair. Beautiful coffee and a beautiful sandwich! Can’t fault :-)

Date of visit: October 2020
Write a reviewReviews (315)

Reviewed October 15, 2020

Absolutely shocking service. Not safe for coeliacs although they advertise gluten free. All of their food is cooked with cross contamination, and the chef has no idea about the severity of coeliac disase or any of the 14 allergens.

Staff were rude and tables were not even cleaned in between customers, food was sinply taken away and people were allowed to sit immediately after. For anyone with any allergy or intolerance or coeliac disase, please do not eat there, it is not safe.

Reviewed October 13, 2020 via mobile

Visited here today for lunch what was ordered wasn't to ones taste so asked if we could change for something else ,the owner went out of his way to accommodate us and very apologetic. Food was very delicious as we took his recommendation on 2 panninis the Mexican and the sexy Brazilian well worth trying. Thankyou very much .would visit again if back in the area .

1  Thank juliebD2988IF
Reviewed October 10, 2020

45 minute wait for food. Poached eggs not runny. 'Grilled' tomatoes were raw. Very disappointing experience.

Reviewed October 6, 2020

My partner, daughter and I visited the Art Cafe at the weekend...what an absolute treat! My daughter is vegan so we were keen to find somewhere that offered a good vegan selection - the Art Cafe did not disappoint. When we approached the venue, we initially thought there was only seating outside, but then discovered there was plenty of seating inside across 3 floors. The cafe offers a fantastic range of options, including a huge range of vegan and carnivorous food, you can get anything from a full English breakfast (meat or vegan) to a ciabatta or panini, and there are also main meals such as pasta dishes as well. My daughter loved the fact she could enjoy a 'milk'shake - made with soya milk, although the cafe also offers a range of different vegan -friendly milk substitutes. My partner very much enjoyed his full English breakfast, and both my daughter and I really enjoyed our meals - I loved the vegan sausage and cheese ciabatta, and my daughter loved her vegan breakfast pannini. We would love to have sampled the amazing cakes on display in the main entrance, but were all so full after our lunch we simply did not have room. We are already looking forward to returning - the Art Cafe is absolutely great!

1  Thank JekkaAngel