“Really fun and enjoyable all the way!”

Footprints Tours Oxford
Ranked #5 of 55 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Footprints Tours is Oxford's most highly reviewed tour operator, and the only one run by students! Our famous Free Walking Tour is perhaps the most enjoyable way to acquaint yourself with our beautiful city: we also run tours of the University; pub tours, bike tours and day tours to other sites and cities around the country.
Reviewed May 31, 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend did the walking tour with Tom today and he was great!! Made us laugh from the beginning Til the very end! It was rainy and cold but the tour was all worth it!! We fully recommend it !!

1  Thank Maria C
Write a ReviewReviews (3,372)
All reviews
"entertaining tour"
in 38 reviews
"hour walk"
in 37 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 45 reviews
in 96 reviews
"private tour"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed May 30, 2016

We happened to be walking by as Tom was getting started and decided to give the tour a go. We were so thrilled that we did. Tom is a gifted public speaker and his wealth of knowledge, great personality and humour kept the whole group engaged and entertained. It made our day in Oxford a bit more special.

1  Thank ann0047
Reviewed May 30, 2016

My family took a Footrprints walking tour today. Tom, our tour guide, was interesting, entertaining, knowledgeable, funny, and engaging. He was a long history in the area, and provided interesting stories the entire time. My kids, age 9 and 7, also loved the tour and thought Tom was the best and they learned a lot. Thanks for a wonderful afternoon!

2  Thank LondonMum411
Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

Two hour walking tour of Oxford and University Halls history. Tom was our guide and gave us an amusing and knowledgeable constant commentary. A great way to get an incite and history of the town. Well recommended and a good guide who kept everyone's interest up all the way round.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 28, 2016

I just happened to be walking by as the free tour was getting started and so joined. I had never heard of these tours before taking one. I had an excellent time! I learned so much about Oxford history and at the same time had quite a few laughs. The only thing I didn't like about the tour was the "free" part. The tour guides do deserve to get paid and I was very happy to tip my tour guide well, but I found it a bit stressful to have no guideline on how much would be appropriate. Also, when i joined the tour I hadn't realized that it wasn't really free (I also hadn't realized how excellent it would be!) and so might not have been prepared with "enough" (and I still don't know what enough is) cash in my wallet. I loved the tour but would have been happier if there was a "suggested tip" or something like that. Anyway, free or not free, I had a great time and i would recommend it to anybody!!!!

1  Thank dee19992016