“The best walking tour in Oxford”

Footprints Tours Oxford
Ranked #5 of 48 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Owner description: Footprints Tours run the famous 2 hour free walking tour around Oxford, a hugely popular bike tour around Oxford and an entertaining pub tour of Oxford. We provide interesting and enjoyable tours with our University educated guides. We are a small student start-up with a lot of character. We also provide private tours for departments within Oxford University, London School of Economics, numerous language schools from around the world and even groups of regular people!
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Fred was our tour guide. He was fabulous. Animated, well versed, very knowledgeable, and everything except boring. AND to top it off, the tour was free. So much better than paying 12 pounds for a one hour tour with an old repetitive professor. We loved the walking tour so much my friends and I wanted to go on the pub crawl later that evening. They were able to squeeze us in with our last minute reservation and we had the best time. Tons of good stories, laughs and delicious ales. I would definitely recommend it.

3  Thank Jacquelyn A
Write a ReviewReviews (3,038)
All reviews
"entertaining tour"
in 35 reviews
"hour walk"
in 34 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 41 reviews
in 46 reviews
"private tour"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed October 8, 2011

The tour was cool. We ran into the group and just tagged along... ended up staying til the end. For just a tip amount, it was exactly the overview I wanted...

Reviewed October 8, 2011

I really enjoyed this walking tour, made even more interesting and fun by our enthusiastic guide, Fred. We hit many interesting spots and got a great sense of the University and town. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I went to visit my sister in Oxford and, only having a couple of days in the city, we went on a Footprints together to learn a little about the place in a couple of hours. I couldn't have imagined how much was in store for us - our guide Tom crammed so much information and entertainment into 2 hours, it was just great! I never would have seen so much, or learnt so many interesting stories about the history of Oxford, it I hadn't gone on this tour. Whether you are in Oxford for a day, a week or a year you MUST go on this tour. Tom was an entertaining, energetic and enthusiastic guide - a true local who loves his town. Most highly recommended.