“Truly Peaceful and Quiet”
Review of Blenheim Edge

Blenheim Edge
Ranked #31 of 82 Oxford B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Truly Peaceful and Quiet”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed two nights at this B&B and was completely delighted with my stay. Both Tanya and Simon made me feel welcome and at home. I'm a terrible sleeper and I asked for a cool and quiet room and was given a room to the back of the building with a nice view of green spaces. I was able to throw open my windows and sleep very well indeed even though it is conveniently located off a busy road. My room was spotless and well appointed, the bed was very comfortable. I really appreciated the magnifying mirror provided but could have used another handy electrical outlet. My ensuite bathroom was smallish (it is a singles room after all) but again well appointed and the shower was very good and easy to use. They also provided a well thought out amenities guide which is always appreciated. I'd stay again if ever I return to Oxford.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Swainwright54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for 3 days and we had a remarcable time. Simon and Tanya are lovely hosts and made us feel wellcome from the start. Room is clean and tidy and the view is something to remember. We will recommend to anyone staying in Oxford!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ian f
Yorkshire
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst being part of a Sealed Knot re-enactment at Blenheim Palace over a bank holiday weekend. From the moment Tanya and Simon met me at the door, nothing was too much trouble to these lovely hosts! I was made to feel so welcome. The room I was shown to was spotlessly clean and suited my needs perfectly. The shower was superb, powerful and easy to use. Though the building is next to what I would deem a moderately busy road during daylight office hours, once the windows were closed, the traffic could not be heard and at night trails off to hardly anything at all. I slept really well in the really comfy bed! Breakfast afforded a great choice and I can honestly say that Tanya's omelette's are legendary with a choice of fillings - delicious! I would highly recommend this establishment and when I return to the Oxford area, I shall certainly endeavour to stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ladydiam0nd
Braintree, Essex
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at Blenheim Edge for 2 nights and enjoyed every minute of it. Simon and Tanya were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The room was wonderful and spacious, with a lovely en-suite. The view out of the window was gorgeous. I felt extremely at home and very relaxed whilst staying here. The breakfast selection was fantastic and I can definitely recommend the full English as it set me up for the day. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and very well presented. Please give this guest house a try, I know I will definitely be looking to stay again in the future.

1 Thank Namar82
Geelong
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at Blenheim Edge for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.Simon and Tanya are very welcoming and friendly and we appreciated the suggestions of local pubs for meals and bus time table to Oxford.The rooms are nicely presented, very clean and the bed
comfortable, great shower too.The house is on a very busy main road but with triple glazing
on the windows is lovely and quiet, plenty of choice for breakfast, with cereals, yogurt
fruit juice, toast and cooked combinations which will set you up for the day.we were missing our dogs at home so was an extra bonus to spend some time with dear little Paddy..

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We only stayed for one night but wish we could have stayed longer! We were a little concerned as the only room available was room 2 with the bathroom across the hall but with the robes in the room and the fact that its directly across the hall we needn't have worried. The Breakfast was amazing and was the best one we had had in a long time. The room was a good size and despite being near a main road it was very quiet. We walked 5-10mins down the road to the Royal Sun pub and had a lovely meal there (I think they finish serving at 9pm) and there is another pub in the opposite direction so there is choice if you are staying more than one night. We will definitely be back!

Halstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

What a great place very friendly spotlessly clean,a breakfast that sets you up for the days site seeing in Oxford .very good beds and great position for getting a bus into town no need to drive so you can at least have a drink loads of good restaurants

Room Tip: Room 2has a view over allotments and a massive private bathroom across the landing