“Shame about the service”

Noodle Nation Oxford
Ranked #96 of 686 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I was a student in Oxford for 3 years and loved visiting here, so thought I would revisit this weekend whilst I was in Oxford. Prices have risen considerably, and the service has gone downhill. We were seated immediately which was great, but we had to wait 10 minutes to even order drinks, and then another 10 minutes for the drinks when they weren't even busy. Food was quick and excellent, and prices are reasonable, but service lets it down.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were looking for somewhere to eat that was close to the New Theatre before our show on Sat night. This has to be one of the great finds in Oxford.

The layout is school room style and can be very noisy. However the portions sizes are very generous and absolutely delicious. The food arrives as soon as its ready. The service was prompt and the guy was very nice and welcoming.

Overall an excellent meal and we will certainly go there again or indeed any other Noodle Nation restaurant. I wish they would consider a restaurant in Cardiff!

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is the place for cheap filling food with few thrills. Great if you need a quick bite to eat! The starters and the drinks are particularly good value.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is not fine dining, so if that's what you're looking for, don't go. However, my family and I love it. There are long tables shared by everyone, and the place is almost always very busy, with all ages enjoying the extremely tasty food. The service is fast and efficient, and it's a good idea to be really quite hungry, as portions are generous! Prices are very reasonable, and in the eight years we have been going there, they have risen very little. Favourites are salt and pepper squid, and duck yo min. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently visited with my friend and we both loved it!!!
The food was yummy - I really recommend the salt and pepper squid. For our mains we decided to try Noodle Nation's favorites recommended by the manager - Noodle Nation Katsu Curry with rice and Noodle Nation Sweet chili beef with noodles;the portions are huge and tasty -freshly cooked in minutes, staff are very friendly and welcoming & with Oxford key card (bus card) you get 15% off food!!! Also very popular place for students.