“Best burgers in Oxford in a sci-fi setting”
Review of Atomic Burger

Atomic Burger
Ranked #28 of 629 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pop culture children inspired by all things American... the best burgers and hot dawgs dude
New Delhi, India
“Best burgers in Oxford in a sci-fi setting”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Best burgers in Oxford, mostly named for various Hollywood references, with great fries (order the chili sci-fries). The decor is busy but fun. Great meal for under £10. It's usually always crowded and sister establishment Atomic Pizza is further down the road.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Love this place”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been to Atomic Burger on a number of occasions and always love it. The choice of food is great, it is always very busy and the decor takes me back to childhood!

Visited January 2013
UK
“Decent, but I haven't bothered to go back.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This place certainly has a unique atmosphere. The menu is pretty good, however, it's not especially cheap when you remember you're ordering burgers. I had the bacon burger. It was good, but a bit too greasy for my taste. I was however very full. The desserts sounded yummy, but there's no way I could have managed one, and again, not exactly cheap. Worth a visit as it is different, but it hasn't become a regular venue for me.

• Visited September 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Interesting atmosphere, not too cheap - for those searching for a stylized American burger joint atmosphere”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I walked by this place several times and told myself mentally that I would one day try it out. It seemed like a small and quaint fast food place with a fun atmosphere. The day my partner and I finally decided to try it out, we were quite surprised to learn that since it was quite small and very popular, it was often hard to get seats, and you either had to eat later in the evening (9pm-ish) or reserve seats. The atmosphere is most definitely quite fun and a change from other places in Oxford. The food was quite pricey though. There is a particularly strong sauce - that costs a 4£ that you are provided with in large amounts but is so hot that it is unrealistic to consume in such large quantities. The second time, the first impression having been quite good, we came to Atomic burger we noticed that most of the burgers were quite similar and although the names were quite funny - they were quite expensive in terms of paying extra for a burger containing things such as chips. Overall, I'd say it's a nice play to have a bite with some friends, if you're not too limited on your budget, but the initial impression wears off quite rapidly after a couple of visits. They serve pretty good burgers. I would not recommend the godzilla sauce.

• Visited April 2012
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“A great trip back in time a very enjoyable evening.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

With my son I went to the Atomic Burger in Oxford not quite sure what to expect. However when we arrived we saw quickly why it was necessary to book a table. Something to remember when you intend to go is to book either by phone or on line and they will confirm back to you unlike other restaurants. The place was almost full and as we took up our table there was only one other spare which again was quickly taken up. Service was pleasant and swift and in between chatting a look around the place sent me back in time with so many pictures and artifacts from the 60's, 70's and onwards. In addition at the far end of the restaurant there was a continuously running film screen showing many of the programmes from my youth including Thunderbirds, Chips. Tom Selleck in Magnum plus many more which added to the enjoyment. I am not sure if many of the other diners who in the main appeared to be students would remember any of these shows. The menu is not one for those watching their waist lines and whilst a diet coke for me made me feel better my son started on the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Milk Shake. For starters I ordered the Space Balls (crispy coated cheese balls) with salsa dip and my son ordered the Tatter Tots which were Potato Croquettes wrapped in bacon with cheese and Jalapenos we shared both and my favourite was the Space Balls. For main course we ordered the Jake n Elwood
Blue cheese, bacon & onions, served with a side order of choice which was Fries for my son and Salad for me. The choice on the burger is Beef, Chicken or Veggie, we both chose the Beef version. We really enjoyed the Burgers and half the fun is looking and choosing from a long list of pet named offerings. All in all a great evening with fun as well as memories from a bygone age.
Be warned that this is not a venue for those watching their waist line also be sure to book your table in advance or you will not get in.

• Visited January 2013