“Fancy place for breakfast”
Review of Combibos Coffee

Combibos Coffee
Ranked #11 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Oxford
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a family owned and run coffee shop in central Oxford. With fresh, homemade breakfast and lunch, beautifully delicious coffee and yummy cakes we offer a warm welcome to all our customers. We offer free wi-fi and have seating both inside and outside.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Fancy place for breakfast”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Nice little place for a post-rowing breakfast! Decent food, slightly more expensive that other cafes but then again, its good to come here every once in a while to enjoy the comfy seats!

Visited January 2012

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“The best cafe in Oxford”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

For a smallscale, family-run business, Combibos adds a personal touch to the cafe experience. It has a cohort of regular customers, like myself, who go in every day and are treated like family.

The cafe serves breakfast until 11.30am and Martin and Sue between them cook up a gorgeous feast. It's amazing that a place with such a small number of staff manages to cater for the hoards of people who turn up (sometimes close to the cut off line, like us!) so do bear in mind that at busy times there can be a wait - it's not a restaurant or a fast food joint and the food is always cooked fresh.

Martin has innovated a number of lunch time specials in addition to the sandwich/panini meal deal that is on offer throughout the day. There are a number of freshly baked goods to sample, local teas, juices, smoothies, mikshakes...

The best part is the coffee. It is, quite simply, the best I have had on this side of the Atlantic. Rob, barista-in-chief, is a bit of a connoisseur and can churn out an impressive number of espressos at peak times. The coffee is top quality and the latte art is beautiful.

My partner and I have been regular customers at Combibos now for around five years. The staff of Combibos are warm, hardworking people, who are dedicated to providing good food and drink and they inspire a great deal of affection in their customers. You will not find the same level of personal attention, warm and friendly family atmosphere anywhere else in the city and I cannot praise it highly enough.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank mermaid109
Singapore, Singapore
“Think I'll probably become a regular!”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I was in Oxford for a uni interview. I found this place wandering around really early morning and ended up having a coffee and some blueberry pancakes. Nice! I originally ordered something else which they didn't have, there was no problem with ordering the pancakes instead and they were delicious! Best coffee I've had for a while too. Combibos is a bit expensive but it's well worth the price. It's got a great atmosphere with friendly staff, comfortable chairs, chilled out music and BBC news on silent. I'm getting the feeling they will be making a fair bit of money out of me from October onwards!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank 5ftman
Dublin, Ireland
“Great coffee. Good Eggs Benedict”
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

My search for the best Eggs Benedict in Oxford continues... But Combibos is a good Sunday morning option and the coffee is great. Be prepared to wait for a table as they don't take reservations. The atmosphere is basic cafe,so don't go expecting a restaurant vibe or table service.

1 Thank Aussie-in-Ireland
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went in on Sunday morning last week and the cafe was reasonably full but not completely busy. Three people behind the counter: one young man bobbing up and down the shelves as if looking for things, the barista with her hand on the unused hopper but facing out, chatting to an older man leaning on the side doing nothing.

I went in with a group of friends to see if they were still doing breakfasts - even if they weren't I'd told my friends the coffee was brilliant so we were going to come in for coffee anyway - stood in front of the counter with its three members of staff mostly doing nothing at all. And I stood. I stood some more.

I stood like a lemon for two minutes while nobody even made eye contact - they were all looking out, the older man even crossed from one side of the bar, passed right in front of me, to lean on the other side doing nothing.

Two minutes of no reaction from the staff? Never going back, will tell everyone I've told to try it out not to go as they obviously don't care about customers.

• Visited April 2012