“tea with my Granddaughter”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #17 of 18 Dessert in Oxford
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Yesterday I had tea with my granddaughter at the Patisserie Valerie, a small cafe in THE HGH STREET, OXFORD. There has been some form of business here since the 13th century, and it still has some structures remaining, which delighted my g/daughter. Now down to business. Be Warned this is not a place to visit if you are trying to lose weight. The pastries and cakes are out of this world!!! There Is no set afternoon tea menu, although they offer a scone cream tea. The ambience is good, we went on a Saturday, so it was crowded, but the staff were very pleasant and helpful. My only complaint was the pot of tea was very weak ( I do like a good strong brew) and the china, or pot, was so thick. Granddaughter's rating ok but she does like her finger sandwiches, but ice-cream was good and she bought 4 macaroons to take home for her Mum, Dad and Baby brother

Ck

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Taking a break from touring, I stepped into Patisserie Valerie for tea and scones. The restaurant is small but I found a table by the window where I could sit and enjoy the view while I ate. My server was friendly and quickly had my order to me, then let me be while I enjoyed it and checked email, etc on my phone thanks to free WiFi. Everything was delicious. I ended up purchasing a muffin to go as well for breakfast the next morning.

There are restrooms available in the back left. Small, but clean and adequate.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

the building dates back to 1270 , and out of the window the view of Oxford's old buildings is great . Servicing such excellent coffee with wonderful patisserie to go with it this is a winner . The only reason I did not give a 5 rating is because the tables are really close together and feel a bit cramped , Service was friendly and reasonably efficient .

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice little cafe on the High street, (not wheel chair friendly) Good coffee & Tea, about 3 cups out of a pot (with big leaf tea!) Great cakes, truffles. Service is a bit slow, but considering how many peolpe visit for cakes etc, i'm not surprised, which gives you time to think wether you should order a cke each or share it.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Went into patisserie valerie for a slice of their wonderful profiterole cake. It was very busy but we asked for a table for four people and a few moments later a waiter told us that a table was free. Sat down only to be ranted at by a waitress for sitting down before the table was ready, despite being told by the other waiter that the table was free. We left and didn't order, I was very upset that because I had simply misunderstood a situation, the waitress felt the need to be so aggressive.