Royal Oxford Hotel
$152
$145
$100
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$96
  • Breakfast included
$126
$99
Official Site
All reviewsno lifttrain stationbiscuitskorean restaurantcomplimentary fruitbottled watersaid business schoolcity centrestreet noiseconvenient locationfive minute walklarge bathroomcomfortable roomgood sizeair conditioningdouble glazingfirst floor
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I stayed over the bank holiday weekend for one night. The receptionists were very friendly, helpful and polite. The location is brilliant - just 2 minutes walk from the railway station, right in the middle of the City. Lot of eateries just outside the hotel. We did not try the Hotel restaurant. The room was spacious, home -like. A big change from the hotel chains. We had a room with windows overlooking main streets. The only big problem was street noise. Noise insulation was not good enough. All night long, we could hear ambulances running with their sirens, pub music and traffic. It was a sunday night. Sleep was indeed a bit rough... I am a deep sleeper, so slept all right once I got into sleep. Light sleepers ..... please avoid this hotel. I would give four stars on all accounts except for the noise. There was no lift as well. Free wifi was available, but my 3G mobile connection was faster than that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank esgs
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This is a good hotel which is ideally located very close to the coach and railway station. The staff are friendly and you get fresh fruit in your room. They also give you a free newspaper in the morning which is a nice touch. You get a complimentary guide to Oxford and lots of tea and coffee. The breakfast was nice and the waitress we had was very pretty making it a bit difficult for me to overcome my morning glory.

I would certainly come again and recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Very pleased with my choice. A bit unnerved to walk into Coco restaurant through what should have been the grand main entrance to be told the hotel entrance was around the corner. Not to worry, the modern if small reception quickly took me to my room. Clean and comfortable with chocolates, biscuits, fruit, water and tea and coffee facilities. I thought the traffic noise would be an issue, but it wasn't – although I had drunk a few pints by then...

Just like to say that the breakfast (in Coco's) was very nice – not cheap at £11 but good quality and well worth it (although I thought the garlic potatoes for breakfast would have been better without the garlic).

Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Stayed at this hotel in oxford for 3 nights. This hotel is in an excellent spot near the train station and the city centre. The hotel itself was very good. We had a room at the front of the hotel and we had a view. We did not have breakfast but we had enough fruit, biscuits, water and teac/coffee making facilities. The rooms were serviced every day and the hotel was not noisy either. We did have a good night's sleep here. Would recommed this hotel to anyone staying in oxford. The only thing wrong with the room were the creaking floor boards!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We were looking for a central Oxford hotel with a triple room. The Royal offered what we were looking for at £100 room only. Not a particularly attractive location on traffic intersection but very convenient as it was only a short walk to the central attractions and secure car parking was available at Staples - only a very short distance from the hotel. Our room was big and spotlessly clean with all we needed and beds were comfortable. Service was excellent - friendly and helpful. There are a couple of bars/restaurants round the corner from the hotel which was convenient but also meant a few interruptions to our sleep in the early hours (A'level results night). Within the hotel is a deli and cafe/bar/restaurant. We paid £11 to have breakfast there although you could choose to pay for single items. Breakfast was OK but not particularly good value and nothing special although a pleasant setting and again good service. In summary - clean, central, functional and friendly .

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends