Royal Oxford Hotel
$306
$293
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$106
$89
  • Pool
$117
$99
$139
$134
Official Site
All reviewsno lifttrain stationbiscuitskorean restaurantcomplimentary fruitbottled watersaid business schoolcity centrestreet noiseconvenient locationfive minute walklarge bathroomcomfortable roomgood sizeair conditioningdouble glazingfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2013

That is how I would describe this hotel. It is not fancy, it is not overtly elegant, but it comfortable and you can feel at home here. As others have said, the people here are really terrific, and will help you do anything they can help with in their abilities. That included taking your luggage up and down two or three flights of stairs, which is a great help since they have no lift. And the rooms are nice - not great, and not bad, but you are getting what you pay for, and since you are at Oxford, who spends that much time in the room anyways?

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the street if possible, but it is not THAT big a deal.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a good 3 star hotel. I was traveling with my 15 year old daughter. We had a twin room. The beds were comfy, the room was small in that it was challenging with 2 suitcases. The bathroom was outdated but clean and a good size. The hotel was clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Note: there is NO lift in this hotel, it wasn't an issue for us. The hotel staff were happy to carry our suitcases to the second floor. Also note, this hotel is located on the corner of 2 pretty busy roads. I only mention this because a couple of nights I was woken up by police sirens. It was a great location to the train station as we had just travelled from London, very do-able to pull our suitcases. When leaving we needed to get the bus to Heathrow, again great location for us to manage our luggage to the bus station. Close to restaurants and movie theater. Free Wi-Fi, fresh fruit and cookies in the room. For the money, this is good value.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the center of the hotel to avoid outside noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 413AngieM
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Friendly staff and clean rooms made the stay enjoyable, located near the railway station and Gloucester Green bus central.

Quite small room but a comfortable bed and good air condition, bath room was a bit outdated but clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent hotel! I will recommend the hotel to my friends and I will come back and stay here next time I visit Oxford. Very friendly and helpful staff.
I travelled a lot, basically every month I am in different hotels and this one really exceeded all the ones I have stayed so far. Congratulations, you made feel like home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

location very good, although first appearances not the best,spotlessly clean rooms, very helpful staff,extras appreciated.area of hotel at night lively, but in no way off putting,towels ,shower and bath all excellent,although an extractor fan might be beneficial.beds comfy.All round a good place to stay and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: rooms on corner were a little nosier,but good for people watching
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple