Royal Oxford Hotel
Agoda.com
$344
$307
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$96
$79
  • Pool
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$83
PremierInn.com
$65
Travelodge
All reviewsno lifttrain stationbiscuitskorean restaurantcomplimentary fruitbottled watersaid business schoolcity centrestreet noiseconvenient locationfive minute walklarge bathroomcomfortable roomgood sizeair conditioningdouble glazingfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Location was ideal as we were visiting Oxford very briefly to attend an event- hotel is just across the road from the train station and 15 -20 min walk to college we were visiting.
The staff were very friendly and we were surprised to be personally escorted to our room. We arrived well before check-in time and expected just to be able to leave our bags, but our room was ready and we were allowed the use of it. The receptionist also offered to check out the location of the college we were visiting and phoned our room with directions.
The accommodation was very clean but frankly a bit basic decor-wise. However the bed was comfortable and we slept like logs in spite of the air-condtioning plant outside our window and the early-morning pigeons.
Rates seemed a bit pricey for the level of accomodation - we paid £119 room only for 1 night. We chose it for the location and I guess that's what you pay for.

Room Tip: Choose between street noise and ventilation plant
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We we're in Oxford for one night for a wedding. We needed to get there early to get ready for a 12 o'clock ceremony and the staff were very helpful getting our room ready well before check in time. Additionally, they do not have their own parking but when I called to ask they arranged for me to park in another hotel 5 minutes walk away at a fraction of the cost of the local carpark. The room was very basic but comfortable but the attitude of the staff made our one night stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Call and ask.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Arrived at 4 I was shown to my room by the front of house manager. My whole experience was fantastic, my only difficulty with the whole stay was that breakfast was £11 extra.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We used to live in Oxford. We booked this hotel on the recommendation of a couple of close friends, and found it wonderfully central as we expected, and the staff delightfully helpful.

Room Tip: Some roome have better views than others.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

After flying 9 hours, arriving in Heathrow at 9:50 PM, waiting an hour in the immigration queue, riding a bus for 90 minutes to Oxford's Gloucester Green terminal. I walked the short walk to the Royal Oxford. I was met with very friendly service - I brought my guitar with me on this trip- who helped me with my luggage (there is no elevator) to my nicely appointed, old-fashioned room on the second floor. In the room was an assortment of fresh fruit, a full coffee and tea service with sweets and extremely comfortable bed, comforter and pillows. There was free wifi and I Skyped to my family - my only caveat about this fine establishment is that the walls must be thin because my conversation disturbed my neighbor enough that he wrapped quite distinctively on the wall to let me know that he was NOT happy. The service in the morning was just as friendly and I felt quite safe leaving my guitar and luggage with the staff while I conducted business (which in my case is quite nearby) before traveling on.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business