Macdonald Randolph Hotel
Agoda.com
$112
$101
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$102
$85
  • Pool
$166
$133
$127
3,444 results
All reviewsmorse barashmolean museummolton brown toiletriesconcierge teamafternoon teadrawing roominspector morseturn down servicenespresso machineexecutive roombeautiful buildingspecial occasionbreakfast servicerestaurant staffcentral locationcar parkingcooked breakfast
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I booked a double room, with a nice winter VIP pack.It was everything perfect.However the room was small, but nicely decorated.We could check in much earlier than we expected, which was a good benefit.The service was exceptional. Wherever we went in the hotel we were welcomed and everybody was helpful.The cleanliness was perfect too.I can just recommend this fabulous hotel in Oxford for a weekend get-away with your couple.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_Randolph, General Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for kind review and I was delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay. We do offer various promotions throughout the year and the Winter VIP Break is very popular.

Here at the hotel we stipulate that rooms will be available from 2.00pm but cannot guarantee this. I am pleased that we were able to offer an early check in on your visit.

I do hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The room had an unacceptable smell- I think the ventilation was broken.
This should have been noted by the room service and the room should not be given to a guest- unacceptable considering the price.
The breakfast is quite poor for the price.
The staff was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cficfi

Thank you for posting a review and I am sorry that you had problems with the ventilation in your room. We pride ourselves in an efficient room checking procedure and room maintenance.

I was concerned that you found breakfast to be poor for the price. Our breakfast is normally very well received and we have indeed won awards as a company for our breakfast offering.

I do hope that despite your disappointment we may be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here Saturday night and its one of the best hotel I have stayed in! Clean, massive room, excellent room service, good location, and the breakfast was fab! Staff were friendly and felt they couldnt do enough for you. If your looking for a nice, clean, city break away in the centre of Oxford choose this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you posting a review. I was pleased to learn of your comments and I know the team will be most motivated by them. Oxford is indeed a perfect place for city break and all attractions are within walking distance of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We always like to choose someplace special to celebrate our anniversary. This time we chose the Randolph assuming the 5 star rating would be reflected in our experience. Despite booking online a month beforehand, when we arrived we were given a disabled room (we did not request this) with no proper shower or bath and there was also a questionable smell on the first floor. Having paid over £300, we decided to request a room change. The management was agreeable, but claimed that they only had one other room available for us. This room was in the new wing in the bowels of the hotel. Across the street was a pub and noisy alley whose late-night pedestrians kept us awake until at least 2am. I will say that upon request, the concierge did grant us complementary access to the spa which was a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, we will count this anniversary stay as a disappointment. Perhaps we would have gotten a better room if we had booked by phone. In any case, we would rate this hotel as three star, it in no way compares to our other 5 star accommodation experiences.

Room Tip: Call directly, don't book online. The management says the online rooms are assigned randomly.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. Here at the hotel we do have 2 rooms that offer greater mobility access but are also offered with every confidence to able bodied guests. Our rooms in the Worcester Wing contain the majority of our executive grade bedrooms and I appreciate are some distance from the main body of the hotel but are spacious and offer a bath and separate shower.

I shall be contacting the pub in question and making it clear that guests of the hotel were disturbed. This is not normally an issue that we have.

I do hope that despite your disappointment we may be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

A lovely warm and personal welcome from the concierge, great service, beautiful hotel, comfortable room with enormous comfy bed, we loved it! Thank you for making our special weekend even more special.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review and I do hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.