“Oxford Stopover”
Review of Old Bank Hotel

Old Bank Hotel
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at the Old Bank Hotel with another couple for I night in September 2012. We were each impressed with our comfortable rooms and the location of the hotel itself. The highlight for us was the free walking tour organised by the hotel; the lovely gentleman who escorted us was very knowledgeable and also attentive to our questions. We didn't have any meals at the hotel but staff we encountered were friendly and the hotel itself had a lovely ambience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Everything about the hotel is great. Due to illness we ended up eating in the hotel restaurant for all but one meal. The food was good (not exceptional), the service was lovely, even thought the place was packed. The rooms are good sizes, clean, and the service was efficient, helpful, and pleasant. We spent some time in the new lounge, which was also lovely. The only suggestion I have is that they put security locks on the inside of the doors. Housekeeping woke us up twice and once while in the bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed there for my daughter's wedding. The Old Bank staff were exceptional in their helpfulness in every way. Rooms small and compact but comfortable. Internet did not work for me and staff offered an iPad for use. Access to the parking a little trickery. Fresh milk for morning tea rather than the little plastic milk containers in the room. Good breakfast selection. Location near Teddy Hall.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is my third time to stay in this hotel. I found it's cozy, warm, and the location is very convenient. The only thing is you have to aware the driving route to the hotel because it's in the restrict area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Only spent 1 night there, we were lost while driving to town , trying to avoid the restricted road but there is no way you can get into the car park to our understanding . Called the hotel and their reception was already waiting there at a special gate to let our car in and guide us by walking in front . Very impressive of their attentive service .

Rooms are standard size with a good size bathroom having both bath tub and shower. After we checked in, the city and university tour guide was already there waiting for us , it was complimentary by the hotel as well as using their bicycles but better reserved your preferred dates of tour before your arrival .

We enjoyed our 1 hour city walk with detailed explanation of the surroundings but when talking about dining places, it took us at least 15 mins to go where we wanted on the other side of the town because driving is not advised even night time to find a parking spot .

I think the hotel is very nice in a convenient lication for sightseeing but i think it's a bit pricy if I compared with another city like Bath but I will still recommend for travellers after reading comments on other hotels in Oxford.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Wonderful night-stop in central Oxford. Location could not have been better for an evening stroll around the City, having ditched the car in their secret car park. I loved the quirky artwork throughout the hotel and in my room and revelled in the huge bathroom. All staff were really helpful, from my initial phone enquiry, through the tiny jug of fresh milk delivered to my door on a tray, to check-out. No disappointments, no suprises. Everything was crisp, clean and fresh and I enjoyed working in the room, overlooking the courtyard. Blissful night's sleep. I'd recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank with_bags_packed
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have just stayed at the Old Bank hotel and I whilst it's a nice clean hotel, with good location and friendly service. it is just that, nothing special, very simple rooms and facilities. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about that, if it was not because of the price!! Almost 300 pounds for a double room?? Without even breakfast? It's totally not worth it. I would definitely recommend it as a nice hotel if they charged 150pounds, but nnot more. Definitely nothing special and I wouldn't recomend it for a special occasion or something like that.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple