All reviews city centre lip balm executive room banbury road the ground floor bed was comfortable good size quiet street hotel is situated ironing board bus service the bus full english biscuits stayed here for one night car parking summertown
Reviewed October 17, 2018

I recently stayed here for 10 nights with a tour group. The hotel has a good location with easy access to the main road and the buses if you don't want to walk into Oxford. Our room was small, but functional and comfortable. We were at the back of the hotel so it was very quiet at night. The beds are very comfortable so you'll certainly get a good night's sleep. The safe is located in the closet, but is very small so if you have anything bigger than a phone (such as a tablet or camera) you'll need to lock it in your suitcase as it won't fit in the safe. The room has an iron, ironing board, fan, and hair dryer. If you need a mirror to use the hair dryer you have to stand in front of the desk mirror. My main complaint and the source for my rating is the bathroom. Our room had the smallest bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel. The toilet was placed facing the shower so if you were taller than about 5 feet you had to sit sideways on the seat to use the toilet. It was also hard to reach the towel rack over the toilet. The shower had ok water pressure and a half door common to many European hotels so Americans need to be careful so you don't end up with water everywhere, Our shower had a small button on the temperature knob which needed to be pushed in to adjust the temperature. The amenities were nice and kept well stocked. Breakfast was good and plentiful - the scrambled eggs were real eggs, cooked thoroughly, and kept hot. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Keith W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room to be comfortable, with good facilities, and the hotel to be in a good location. Our newly refurbished bedrooms have been designed to make use of the more widely used areas within them, therefore maximising space, and all have Double Walk in showers which are more common these days.

I will pass on your very kind comments to all of the team here regarding being friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

Staff at Linton lodge were very friendly and helpful. I used the accessible ground floor room which had a very large wet room with a good seat. The room was light with views of the garden. The bed was comfortable. The door was too heavy for me to open on my own, but Reception staff were always there to help me. The room is actually in the Reception area, which makes it easy to get to the restaurant. Reception and the bar were quiet by 11p.m so it was fine for sleeping.There is one step to the garden. Food in the restaurant was very good and the set menu was great value. The service was efficient which helped us as we had an 18 month old child with us. It’s a 20 minute walk to the city. Staff booked an accessible taxi for me.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Keith W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Many thanks Sarah for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

A super hotel, room very plush and the bed wonderfully capacious (could have accommodated our two dogs had we taken them!) in addition to ourselves! Lovely staff - the best raspberry gin and tonic I have ever had. The pool was lovely ans almost deserted during our weekend visit. Our friends had put up all of us in about 20 rooms - it was a wonderful weekend and I thoroughly the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Keith W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Oxford, although I'm not sure it was with us as we do not have a pool?

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Lovely staff. Food was brilliant, especially breakfast. We had a large room with wide windows a door to the garden and a huge comfy bed. Spotless and cleaning excellent. Can’t fault this hotel. But perhaps more of a business location than holiday. If you go do have the cheeseboard! Not often available and was excellent

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Linton Lodge is a lovely small hotel in a residential area with leafy lanes and a short distance from Oxford centre. The hotel staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. The room was well appointed with all the necessary comforts. Breakfast was a good experience with freshly cooked food being regularly put out on the buffet.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends