“Good value for money”

Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I guess this counts as cheap (for oxford!) and cheerful. All a bit tired in decor but friendly helpful staff, reasonably on the edge of central for location. Room clean tidy and comfortable. Tea and telly in room. Free parking.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your review about staying here at BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge your feedback has been passed onto all of the teams here. We look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed 1 night as a business traveller, and was pleasantly surprised. Very friendly reception staff, warm and welcoming. Room size was adequate but would never be described as spacious, décor felt slightly dated, but room spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. The only criticism of the bathroom was the shower rail height - even at the top of the rail I had to bend to get my head under, even though there was adequate room to fix the rail to allow 6ft (+) people to shower properly....

Restaurant was very clean, but a little soul-less, lighting was too bright. Waiting staff were very attentive, without being intrusive. A fair selection of dishes on the menu, and not priced excessively. The meal was delicious and exceeded my expectations, the chunky chips possibly some of the best I've tasted.

Breakfast was almost as good as the evening meal, even though it was served hot buffet style, and have certainly experienced far worse!!

Would recommend the hotel and I am even considering staying again with my other half for a weekend away....

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KevinC_2013

Thank you for your review about staying here at BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge your feedback has been passed onto all of the teams here. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed the chips; if you are in the area in the near future we would like to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I chose this hotel because I know Oxford and knew it was an easy walk or bus ride into the city. My room was a bit small: not much space around a double bed, but it was adequate. The weather was rainy so I didn't go into Oxford, and nor did I walk up to South Parade where there is a restaurant I like. So it was dinner in the hotel. Well cooked, presented and tasty if a little un-inspiring. Excellent wine by the glass. All the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for your review about staying here at BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge your feedback has been passed onto all of the teams here. Please if you are in the area in the near future we would like to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Ask to see the room before you pay. Ok, I booked a single room and expected a cell, albeit a clean one. But I did not expect a cell with a double bed. A no-brainer – no room to move around. The bathroom was spacious and my bedroom was probably the small sitting room to a two bedroom suite. Just guessing. Décor was dated, and a bit grubby.

The only thing that this hotel has going for it is its staff – all are pleasant and fighting a losing battle with disgruntled guests.

And the food?! I travel frequently and the breakfast at Linton was awful. It looks ok, but everything was of the poorest quality. Putting one’s teeth into an old, old apple was not a quality experience. And I can’t say much about the evening smorgasbord, except for the upset stomach and diarrhea that continued for the next three days. Avoid.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sending your feedback regarding your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Linton lodge Hotel, Oxford.

Your business is very important to us and we value your opinion. I am disappointed that you did not raise your concerns whilst staying with us so that we could have rectified the situation before you left.

I am sure it is of little comfort to you now but we are currently undergoing a refurbishment which will address some of the issues that you raise regarding the hotel structure.

I have noted your comments regarding the food, but without firm knowledge as to when you stayed it is difficult for me to address these issues direct as we have had no other negative feedback and nothing was brought to our attention by yourself directly

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future but If I can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01865 553461.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights, Sunday & Monday. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was just perfect with a nice garden view. The garden area was lovely but it was raining whilst we were there so could not take advantage of sitting out in the evening. Other reviews I read commented on the 'long walk' into Oxford. This took the two of us about 20 minutes on the Sunday when we arrived, but in reality it took us less than 15 minutes, as far as I am concerned that is not far. There is a decent car park so no need to take it into Oxford and pay for parking also plenty of buses.

We actually stayed at the hotel for our evening meal on the Sunday, this was a buffet style 2 course meal (starter & roast meats and veg) with glass of wine for £12 with no restrictions on how many times you could go back for more, we could not fault it.

We chose this hotel for location and the parking, It was good value for money and would stay there again.

Happy travelers West Yorskhrie

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Your business is very important to us and we value your opinion. By telling us what you liked about your stay, and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a better experience for you and other guests in the future.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Large room with comfortable bed. Very pleasant and helpful staff on the reception desk. Breakfast was great, lots of choice. Regular bus to town if you don't fancy a short walk. I'll definitely return if in the area again for work.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank djr00mba

Thank you for your email, I am glad that your enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at the linton lodge. We had room 8 which has a view of the garden at the rear of the hotel, a large room with nice bathroom. The only criticism was the creaking floorboards from the room above, the 1st night disturbed our sleep but the 2nd night wasn't really a problem. The buffet breakfast is very good and enough choice to suit all tastes. It's quite a long walk into oxford city centre but we found the buses very reliable, every 5 minutes and costing £1.70 for a single journey but you can buy a 24 hour pass for £4.00 which gives you unlimited journeys. All in all a perfect hotel for exporing the delights of historic oxford. If we visit this area again we'll definitely stay at the linton lodge again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us here at BEST WESTERN Linton Lodge. Your feedback has been taken back to all the departments. If you find yourself in the area again we would be pleased to welcome you back.