“Fabulous Find”

Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Hereford
“Fabulous Find”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Found this hotel on here, with a few mixed reviews, but decided to book any way and what a lovely place, really quiet, even though they were having renovation work done, (supposedly although we never heard a thing, just a strong smell of fresh paint) all of the staff that we dealt with very fantastic, very polite and efficent nothing was to much trouble, we did eat here apart from Breakfast, which was great, I really liked the sausages, not your normal bland breakfast, everything was piping hot and freshly cooked and there was plenty of it. The rooms were spacious and really clean and fresh, plenty of amenities no matter the length of your stay. They seem to have done a very good job of keeping the charater off the building, the only issue is that some of the stairs are a bit narrow, which makes it trickey to get suitcases up to your room, and the lay out was a bit like Hogwarts, the stais seemed to take you to a diffrent place each time you used them, but that could be my rubbish sence of direction!!! all in all very plesant stay would deffinatley stay again if back in Oxford

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DougalDogHereford
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for the great review you posted following your recent stay with us; we are glad you enjoyed your time here and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in our neck of the woods.

Thank you again.
Susanne Bange

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I wasn't too impressed with this hotel, quite expensive for what you got and even the executive room was decidedly average for the price. It's about a 10 - 15 min walk to the town centre and about 5 mins from Summertown shops etc. The rooms were clean and the staff were very nice though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GUnit71
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us; all of your comments have been passed onto our team here.

Kind regards
Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed at Linton Lodge for 2nights for a visit to Oxford. The hotel is idealy situated just a 20min walk into City Centre. The hotel is clean and staff are very helpful. Reasonably priced with a good breakfast. Tip - buy a city tour ticket as stop 16 is just a 5 min walk from the Hotel. We were thei for 3 days and with a 48 hr ticket we saved on bus fares( £3 single )

Room Tip: Ground floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gareth I
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us and we a pleased that you enjoyed your time here.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had to stay Oxford area so Linton Lodge was ideal,,,had an upgrade on arrival,,internet worked,,room clean and warm,,,Breakfast ok,,,would stop again. Workmen in rooms below so they seem to be upgrading some of their rooms which would make hotel even better,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Robert I
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us; we are glad you enjoyed your time here. You are correct; some of our rooms are currently being refurbished and will be completed shortly.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I arranged a carol Concert to be held on 20/12/12 with the general manager Susanne Bange.who
I found to be most helpful, pleasant & professional. I was contacted a month before the event by
Vasiliki for final arrangements who was also very pleasant & helpful.
Approximately 80 people attended on the evening. The service was excellent,The food was served
efficiently & was piping hot & not only that it was also delicious. Congratulations to the chef.
Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian A
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment following the Carol Concert; we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Very enjoyable and comfortable 1 night stay. Pleasantly surprised on arrival by both location (much closer to town centre than I thought, only 4 stops on bus or very nice 15-20 min walk) and the hotel itself (online pics do it no justice). Received a very warm welcome from Christina on reception on arrival. Room had a double and a single bed. Bathroom spotless clean and warm with underfloor heating. Tea/coffee/hot chocolate and biscuits in room. Breakfast is self service buffet, lots of choice and 3 very attentive staff on hand if you need anything extra. The hotel exceeded my expectations and represents excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank J-Class_only
LintonLodge99, General Manager at Best Western Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us; we are glad you enjoyed your time here. All of your comments have been passed onto our team here and we look forward to perhaps welcoming you back again when you are next in the area.

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed here for one night as I had an interview in the city the following day. The hotel could do with a make-over, as the decor was very dated. However my room was absolutely fine and I slept well.
Unfortunately I left a pyjama top in my room, and only realised I had mislayed it once I had returned home. I called up the hotel to ask if they would mind sending it to me (I live in the UK, the top is very light), and they agreed to do this if I paid for postage. I agreed to this and I was put through to the woman who deals with lost property. She told me that I would be charged £8 PLUS postage. I contested that that was excessive, as I had brought the top for less than this, to which she reduced the charge to £5. I really feel cheated here, as the hotel has made £5 out of what would be expected as part of a concierge service. All they had to do was put a top into an envelope. I later received a bill for £8, as the postage came to £3: disgusting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank acul
Thank you for the review recently posted. As we have already spoken to you regarding this matter prior to your post we do not feel it appropriate to make any comment here.

Susanne Bange

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels