“Yum”

The Rose
Ranked #208 of 628 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Rose is a small restaurant and tea room in High Street in Oxford, which serves First class, fresh prepared organic food.From our breakfast,lunch to our afternoon teas, we take great care in choosing the best ingredients available and preparing our food from scratch. We as The Rose Team try to give 100% to our customer form chefs preparing the food from scratch,and the team at front door so we can give you the best relaxing time and enjoying experience. Thank you The Rose Team :)
Kent
“Yum”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The full cooked breakfast was lovely, being organic everything tasted great and served piping hot and quickly. Nice to have a drink and toast n jam included in the price too, made it good value for a great breakfast. Wish we'd gone here sooner" of the three places we had breakfast this was by far the best

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Tiny little eatery to retreat to for cream tea.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This tiny little tea room in Oxford is a lovely place to retreat to for cream tea in the afternoons, and it serves delicious cakes and sandwiches as well as a zillion different teas. It's very bijou and rather charming, and well worth popping in to if you are in the area and want a teacake and a latte.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Awesome soups!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Lovely little place tucked away on high street. Highly recommend the soups here. The service is pretty good as well.

Visited April 2012
London
“No record of our booking for mothers day”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had made a booking for 3 adults and a toddler for afternoon tea for a mother's day surprise over the phone 3 weeks prior to the date. I had even called a second time to change the time and request a high chair - I was told we were booked in except they didn't have any high chairs, to which I replied it didn't matter as she could sit with one of us.

Upon arriving at the Rose cafe, with our mum unaware of the surprise, we were met by the manager who told me there was no record of my booking, I explained I had called twice and the booking was confirmed both times - I'm even sure it was the manager who took the booking.

He was extremely unhelpful and pointed out that the cafe was fully booked (hence why I had taken the initiaitive to call 3 weeks in advance to ensure a table on mothers day) he offered us the chance to wait for a table but said it was unlikely we would be seated.

Unfortunately, there was no afternoon tea surprise for our mum as we had to leave and the majority of places in Oxford were unsurprisingly booked up.

The Rose cafe just offered a very weak aplology, which wasn't good enough for spoiling a surprise we had been looking forward to.

We will not return and don't rate their customer service at all.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent leisurely brunch”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A group of four of us visited The Rose for the first time last Sunday for brunch. I had the light organic breakfast with breakfast tea, toast and jam, which was absolutely sensational, and my fiancé had the buttermilk pancakes with blueberry syrup. Also a hit, and such a generous portion.
We sat there four four hours with our friends and ended up having cake later on - also delicious.
A great find and we will definitely be returning.