“Very nice lunch. Popular pub.”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Ranked #233 of 634 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of the cosiest pubs in Oxford.When it comes to Oxford pubs The Royal Oak is the genuine article. Much like our well-kept real ales and impressive range of world beers, wines and spirits, our interiors are drenched in class, character and a dash of urban cool, with lots of rooms and cosy little corners to kick back in. It's just the place to enjoy a plate of seriously good pub food.
Stratford on Avon. England
“Very nice lunch. Popular pub.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A group of seven,
Very nice pub indeed; although the car park is not the biggest it remains busy and popular.
The menu/choice is very good. A wide choice at lunch time.
The service was good and our group really enjoyed it.
Worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Oxford
“A Real English Pub”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visit Oxford every year and always come here with my friends. If you want a real English pub - you have it in the Royal Oak. It is good value particularly if you stick to their set menu.The food is tasty, helpings - generous, a good choice of drinks. I loved their homemade lemonade and the dessert was fantastic. Friendly staff, quick service. The location is good; most of the good pubs are outside Oxford which you cannot reach without a car, and those that are in the centre are crowded and overpriced, so The Royal Oak, which is some 10-15 minutes walk from Carfax seems a reasonable choice. We will definitely come back next summer.

• Visited September 2013
RoyalOakOxford, Manager at The Royal Oak, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi Manana,

Thanks for your lovely review for us - the team lovely hearing such nice feedback !

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Oxford

Michelle
Florence, Italy
“nostalgia”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've been in this pub last year during a visit to some friends in Oxford. I remember a pleasant walk to get there. The place is lovely, remember me a famous Hogarth's paint, the waiters were very courteous and the food very tasty, I ate a good meat and a perfect fish . I would go more often if it was not 1200 miles from my house..

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank claudio b
Ontario
“Felt right”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Of all the pubs we visited in our stay in Oxford, this felt the most authentically "British"; maybe because it is a little off the beat and track in North Oxford.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank oc3anz
RoyalOakOxford, Manager at The Royal Oak, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a great review of the Royal Oak - we love hearing what visitors think of our site.

Hopefully see you again next time you are in Oxford !
Wales, United Kingdom
“Great food, good price and very family friendly”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I lived in Oxford for over 10 years and saw this pub go through a few changes. I was delighted to visit it in July 2013 to find it as lovely and welcoming a place as ever. I say very family friendly because they had no restrictions on where kids could sit (unlike several other Oxford pubs), and they offered everything on the menu in child-size portions, which is so rare in the UK.
the food was fresh, prepared on the spot and offered at good pub prices. I had a Caesar salad, my kids had the fish finger buns with hand made fish fingers (hard to believe), and my husband had the club sandwich. All were fresh, tasty and exceeded the average food so often served up in pubs nowadays. Some lovely ales on tap, big and spacious. Would recommend for any weary tourist.

• Visited July 2013