“Good authentic tasting Thai food”
Review of AT Thai

AT Thai
Ranked #193 of 671 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This place has good authentic tasting Thai food. They are not the cheapest, two of us spent 20 pounds on a bowl of steamed rice, a bowl of sticky rice, a vegetable green curry and a plate of stir fry chilli pork. They also have an automatically added 10% to the bill regardless of the number of people. However, their service was fast and the food was good. I would go here sparingly, but if I crave good Thai food, this is where I'll go.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Tasty, value for money and quick service for lunch☺️. Loved the food

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stopped in for a quick lunch. I ordered spicy rice noodles with basil and asked for tofu instead of meat. The portion was a good size for the price, and I found the quality to be high. I eat Thai food regularly, and this specific dish is also one I order regularly. The dish at AT Thai was comparable to that served at other good Thai restaurants I've eaten at. The tofu in particular was delicious, and soaked up the sauce nicely. I liked that I wasn't asked how spicy I want it, the dish just came properly and perfectly spiced. In the USA this is something of a problem in Thai restaurants, you are asked to specify how spicy you want the dish. If you don't, then you get something with no spice. But, it's also very easy to order something too spicy since you don't know how the specific dish should really be cooked. So it was nice to just get the dish the way it should be!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My family and I ended up at this restaurant after a trip to Bicester Village where we bought a luggage bag and 2 Karen Millen jackets. When I stepped into the restaurant, the waitress told me to leave the luggage bag at the side of the door. I just assumed that it was normal procedure as there might not be much space between the tables and did as I was told.

After dinner, I retrieved the luggage bag and left the restaurant. When we got to the bottom of the steps, my dad noticed that the zipper of the bag was not closed fully and told me to zip the bag up properly. This did not ring any alarm bells at that point in time and I just did as I was told and we made our way back to our hotel.

When I got back to my hotel room, I unzipped the bag and it was empty! The 2 new jackets were gone. Seriously upset, I went back to the restaurant the following day to ask for an explanation.

The same waitress who told me to leave my bag by the door was there and she recognised me. After hearing about my lost jackets, she told me that the restaurant owner was not in and once he/she came in the following day, he/she would take a look at the security camera feed and get back to me on what had happened.

Sadly, it's been a month and I have not heard back from them. In hindsight, I guess that I should have locked the bag (did not think it was necessary as there was not much in there). I should have also insisted on having the bag with me as there was actually quite a lot of room between our table and the next.

I just wanted to share this experience with future/current patrons of this restaurant to be extra careful with their belongings while dining there.

5  Thank Jean T
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a place to eat this late in Oxford? Well most of the restaurants are closed at this time and I strayed into At Thai restaurant where I got some take away food. Nice food and quite spicy the way I like it. It's 11pm and you can get your take away meal at this time on a Sunday night.