“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Staff!”
Review of The Standard

The Standard
Ranked #22 of 690 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Recently visited The Standard and had a delightful meal. Intimate restaurant with delicious fresh food and friendly staff who are always only a moment away. Highly Recommended.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The food is simply sublime. Genuinely the finest South Asian food I've had for a while (or possibly ever).

Reviewed June 13, 2013

One of the best Indians I have had. Cozy environment and reasonable prices. Plus, it is in a great area of town. Try it!

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We were staying with friends and made a last- minute decision to eat out. Luckily phoned for a reservation -- they said they had a table for six but we'd need to be out by 7:45, so to hurry over. The table was ready, the waiter told us everything we needed to know and answered questions, and in no time we were being served with a shared plate of delicious eggplant appetizer, followed by six dishes of lamb, chicken, vegetables, all curries, and naan and rice. We weren't rushed, but we were indeed out in time. I'd go back.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Absolutely delicious every time. Fantastic regular menu with exciting and exotic specials which are always excellent.

For takeaway and dining in, the food at The Standard is always tasty and really good value. We've been a number of times and always impressed with the the quality of food and drink on offer. Family-run and friendly, this is not your average Asian restaurant. A recent update has kept the best of tradition and combined it with a fresh approach. This means you have a great selection of classic curries as well as some more modern dishes, and the service is of excellent quality. Staff are always happy to recommend their favourites and have a great knowledge of what is on offer, which is useful if you're as indecisive as me.

I tend to have whatever is on the specials board - so far, this has always meant that I've had a delicious and interesting meal. We just had a takeaway of prawns in coconut spices, and it was quite honestly one of the nicest things I've eaten in a long time.

My number one recommendation for this place is to make sure you try something new: it's always tempting to go with what you're used to when it comes to curry, but I definitely think it's worth asking whoever's serving you for their ideas on what to have. And, one of the great things about this place is that they have a really good drinks list. I can't count how many times I've had a good meal ruined by a rubbish bottle of wine, so it's good to know they've got it all covered.

I'll definitely be back (probably next week!) and I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a fresh and tasty meal for a very reasonable price.