“All I needed”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Bicester oxfordshire U.K.
“All I needed”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a hidden gem in Cowley Rd. Plenty of choice, very friendly service. We went fairly early on a Weekday evening and it was not crowded. The mutton Rogan Gosh was very tasty and try the naan bread. Recommended

Visited August 2013
TheFirstFloor, Manager at The First Floor Restaurant, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Many thanks indeed for all your kind feedback and see you again very soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“It's ok if you're really hungry”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have to admit, right upfront, that I'm not a fan of buffet restaurants, and the First Floor did not do anything to convince me otherwise. To start with the good things: the service was very good, we had very friendly and attentive waiters. The view over Cowley Rd is not exactly pretty but fascinating in some ways. Unfortunately, the food was totally uninspiring. Greasy and sticky curries that sit on a stove for too long, some bland spring rolls, a bit of MSG-ladden chinese stuff... You get the picture. We also tried the "cocktails", the best thing about which is that they're fairly inexpensive.

If you're in a big group, hungry and/or you're not picky, then come here. If you're looking for good food on the other hand, go somewhere else...

• Visited July 2013
We are very sorry that you didn't feel the food was to your liking however may I recommend our sumptuous A La Carte menu before conclude we don't produce good food, perhaps you will find that's more acceptable. So hopefully see again soon.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had visited the restaurant today with my fiance for the dinner buffet. Had a fabulous time! The welcome offered by the staff and their support throughout our dinner was fabulous! Their food was very good, brought us memories of the traditional Indian, Chinese and Thai food. The ambiance is really good. We appreciate the service given to us as the staff members are always on the move to clear out finished plates and serve you some of the best cocktails that I have had in a while. We missed out on the student discount that they offer, so anyone who has a student ID do make use of the card. The price for the buffet seems to balance the service provided, though if one could benefit from a discount, why not! Definitely a place to visit if your really hungry and want to have a good time, be it couples or groups! I think everyone would have a good time. The seating space is well spread out, so one does not have to worry about bumping or crashing into others. Their desserts were fantastic! I have not eaten the perfect chocolate cake in months! Thank-you and I hope to visit soon!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Moheem H
TheFirstFloor, General Manager at The First Floor Restaurant, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I am touched and extremely grateful for your kind feedback, it is time like this that really makes it worth while. See you again very soon and don't forget to use your student discount.
Thank you from all of us at The First Floor Restaurant.
“Just a question”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just to clarify that I haven't been to this restaurant.The feedback here sounds awesome! I can see that the manager is responding to all with great care and interest. I'd like this opportunity to ask if this restaurant serves halal food/dishes. Many Thanks

• Visited September 2012
TheFirstFloor, Front Office Manager at The First Floor Restaurant, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Yes it is most certainly is Halal so hopefully see you at The First Floor very soon :)
“First Floor Restaurant”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

A group of 7 of us visited The First Floor for a joint birthday celebration for my partner and his friend. First impressions were very good- warm welcome, offered drinks before being seated at our table- me being a non-drinker usually get stuck on the same old boring glass of coke but they made some very nice non-alcoholic cocktails :) Looking at the menu online there wasn't as much variety to choose from as we were expecting (it does say on the website not all available at all times but still there wasn't a massive selection) but what was there was very good quality- especially the naan breads they make fresh for your table- the garlic one was to die for! Also the fresh profiteroles!! It does get quite busy and therefore loud but that's to be expected in a buffet style restaurant. It's abit of a treck to the toilets from the main restaurant- only real downside apart from the slightly limited choice of food. Prices were quite reasonable as it's on 'an all you can eat' basis. Would visit here again.

• Visited May 2013
TheFirstFloor, Manager at The First Floor Restaurant, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Many thanks for your kind feedback. If you already haven't done so please visit us on a Friday or Saturday evening to have a wider choice of dishes. Looking forward to seeing you very soon.