“Interesting venue”

Ranked #183 of 673 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, bar and gallery, the Jam Factory has become a safe haven for the fresh food lovers and art enthusiasts of Oxford. Located in the heart of the west end, just a stones throw from Oxford train station, bus station, city centre shops, The Saïd Business School and Oxford's dreaming spires, the Jam Factory champions an unrivalled commitment to freshness and quality, served with a layed back and welcoming ethos.Operating since November 2006, from the historical landmark of Frank Cooper's Old Marmalade Factory we have grown to include, an intimate dining room, bar, two galleries and a private dining space know as the 'Boiler Room'.Kick back and make yourselves at home.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I really like the idea of this place and the food/drinks and staff are all great. But it is a bit out of the way and somewhat expensive, so better for a quiet drink, not a big night out.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I really like the atmosphere in here especially in the summer - sort of breezy and there always seems to be something going on, like a knitting group or french social group. I also like belgian beer so good to see at least one on tap usually.

I have only tried the chips so couldn't comment on the food really but if you're looking for somewhere near the station to pop in for a drink it's definitely a winner.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I found this place whilst looking for somewhere to eat whilst waiting for a train. It caught my eye with a chalk board, down side I had no idea what kind of place it was from that.
Inside it is very spacious and random seating, by that I mean very cool, trendy and academic. Truly different atmosphere fro some one who had never been to Oxford before.
The food menu was very good and I opted for a steak sandwich on rustic bread with skinny fries and a large cappuccino. Price was just over £10 and the food was very good indeed and served with home made mayo. i thought it was a good portion size for me.
Definitely go again

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had evening dinner here with my Son and Wife. Very good food, reasonable value and very good service. Good selection of drinks but a bit short on proper beer.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just to say we had a very good lunch at the Jam Factory on Saturday. I had an excellent Kofta Kebab which was perfectly cooked.It was served with tatziki and houmous both of which were home made.My companion had a great steak sandwhich in very good bread.He asked for some mayonaise which again was home made and had a very subtle flavour of mustard.The service by Josh (?) was prompt and courteous and the meal appeared in a timely manner. All in all I would stronglly recommend a visit to this quirky but very good restaurant/bar/gallery.