“Inspector Morse walking tour”

Experience Oxfordshire
Ranked #11 of 46 Tours in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An Oxford Official Walking Tour is the best way to explore Oxford’s history, the University of Oxford, famous people and old traditions. There is a tour for all interests including the popular City and University Tour and tours for fans of Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland and Inspector Morse. Your tour will be conducted by a professionally trained guide who holds a Blue or Green Badge awarded by the national Institute of Tourist Guiding. Your guide will also be a member of the Oxford Guild of Tour Guides.
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inspector Morse walking tour”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We drove up from Sevenoaks in Kent just to go on the Morse walking tour, and it was SO worth it! Our guide, Elizabeth was wonderful and so informative about Morse that I was wishing I had taken notes!! She had so many interesting anecdotes about the series and the various episodes. We have seen them all many times, but now we will be watching them with new eyes! And we saw so much more of Oxford than we ever would have just by ourselves.
This tour is definitely a MUST for any fans of Inspector Morse!!

Carol K.
San Francisco, CA

Kendal, United Kingdom
“A guided walking tour of Oxford”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I visited Oxford Monday to Wednesday and undertook the tour on the Tuesday. On the Monday we walked around the centre on our own and missed many interesting points. Having undertaken the tour we felt we had seen much more and fully appreciated the information that was passed to us.The information was appropriate and delivered well. The tour lasted nearly two hours and I would recommend it. We started at 1pm, if I was to do it again I would do it in the morning. Good Value.

Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Fine Overview”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Difficult to do justice to both the City and it's colleges in just two hours, but this tour provided a fine overview of both. The tour stays pretty much in the centre, so if you are expecting an extensive 'tour' then you may be disappointed, but it benefits from being able to provide some depth on the areas visited.
Our guide was informal, informative and attentive to others who did not have English as their first language. I could have done with less information on the structure and merits (or otherwise) of the educational system, but I was able to bite my tongue.
I would add, and this is relevant to other tours, not everyone has seen/read or is even interested in Harry Potter!

Kidderminster
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Get the inside information”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Let an official guide walk you around the streets of Oxford, giving you information about the buildings, founders of the Colleges, statues and traditions. They are very knowledgeable and can get you inside places you wouldn't otherwise see. I would greatly recommend.

Northwich, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“GET TO KNOW OXFORD”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The official 2 hour tour booked through the information centre was fantastic and the guide extremely knowledgeable about Oxfords history and the University. I learnt more on the 2 hour trip than I had picked up on my 3 previous visits. This tour gains access to some of the colleges and is full of insight. It mad ethe rest of our stay so much more worthwhile and interesting. We were ab le to identify which bits to follow up at our leisure.